ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

where to buy a new 197

Ford Fiesta Mk6 Zetec S
general question really.

how much should i be paying for a new 197 with recros with teh cup spoiler?

im after a renault dealer with some good deals on at the moment if anyone has any info for me wud be good please

cheers
Rob

Don't think they are taking orders at the moment. You may have to wait for a few weeks, until they start taking orders on the new Clio. You may get something that has been sat about though.

Black 197
just got mine from a dealer.. used ok but they have 2 for sale... 2 white cups if im not mistaken, Not sure where you are but these are in Beckenham/Bromley, kent... If you go to the dealer im sure they could source you a car or even tell them where one is and get them to get it for you ?? Just a thought

Swift Sport
Why does it have to be new? It's a buyers market out there and there is quite a selection atm!

Save a few quid!

Nimbus 197
I had trouble sourcing a new 197 with Recaros about a month ago. You will have to buy unregistered stock if you want new so you will be pretty limited on options.

Ford Fiesta Mk6 Zetec S
i have been told my renault dealer they dont have unregistered stock in 197's as they are built to order???

Nimbus 197
I believe that to be false... I was given details of unregistered 197s more than once by the dealers I visited. Carl@RUK also checked the remaining unregistered stock for me when I was looking for my car. Never found my ideal spec but have settled for a compromise.

Ford Fiesta Mk6 Zetec S
did you do that through a dealer then?

how much did they knock off it for you if you dont mind me asking?

Black 197
Recaros are supposed to be cack tbh, most have ripped and apperently will only be changed once on warranty, I decided against them as my dealer said every 197 they sold with recaros has been back with worn/torn bolsters

Ford Fiesta Mk6 Zetec S
oh rite. first i have haeard of that pal. everybody else i have spoke to says they are a must.. good to know tho :)

Black 197
Friend of mine has a LY R27 and has his seats replaced once now there ripping again, too much agro plus it looks pisch tbh, granted they look better than standard 197 seats but too much agro if you ask me

Lee

BMW M2C
Recaros are supposed to be cack tbh, most have ripped and apperently will only be changed once on warranty, I decided against them as my dealer said every 197 they sold with recaros has been back with worn/torn bolsters

That's the talk of a man who wishes he had Recaros. ;)

16k miles and mine are as good as the day I picked the car up.

The Recaros in the Trophy had much lower sides, so getting in and out was easier. If you slide in and out of the 197 Recaros you are bound to wear them out. People are just lazy.

The standard seats are fantastic, but I'd always go with the Recaros.

Black 197
Don't flatter yourself my friend, if I wanted the seats I would of got the cup they had instead of my black 197, some must be luckier than others but they do rip easy, anyway standard 197 seats are comfy as fu*k tbh lol

Lee

BMW M2C
The standard seats are some of the most supportive standard seats I've sat in. Way better than previous Renaultsports.

There was a period where the Renaultsport forums were full of people moaning about the Recaros, but it appears to have settled down, since people have worked out how to get in and out of their cars. lol

Black 197
I noticed how comfy my 197 seats are over my 182 straight away, as you say renaulsport have come a long way in seat design

Lee

BMW M2C
I noticed how comfy my 197 seats are over my 182 straight away, as you say renaulsport have come a long way in seat design

182 seats were comfy, they just didn't offer any side support. On track you relied on the wheel to keep you in your seat, while the passenger was all over the place. lol

It's a shame they didn't finish the 197 seats and Recaros with leather bolsters though, it would certainly prevent the wear problems they have experienced. The grippy alcantara main, and leather sides were a pefect combo on the 172/182.

The current Recaros trimmed like this would be spot on:

That was after doing 42500 hard miles.
2716522485_a85d703853_o.jpg

Black 197
I saw a 197 at the south mimms meet on Sunday and it had full leather seats, looked comfy but didn't like the pattern on the seat, looks like cross stitching not my cup of tea tbh

Lee

BMW M2C
I saw a 197 at the south mimms meet on Sunday and it had full leather seats, looked comfy but didn't like the pattern on the seat, looks like cross stitching not my cup of tea tbh

Jay has had full leather in his. It's like a quilted effect. To me it's better suited to a big comfy car, rather than a hot hatch. Can't argue with the quality though.

Clio 197 Cup
What you after a 197 standard or cup?

I picked up my brand new cup 3 weeks ago.

Price without options for cup your looking at- £12,900

Add my options (Nimbus paint £375 and black alloys £135) I also got aircon £550 option which when striking the deal I noticed they forgot to charge ha ha - sales phoned me next day to tell me they screwed up and that I'm gettin it for free! Great success.

If you got to Renaultsport website it will tell you price of options, think recaros are £850.

As people have said options are limited as they stopped making them!

Ford Fiesta Mk6 Zetec S
yeh i will have to make a trip down to renault when im free and swing some cash down on the table and see what they can do for me. def decided on the clio now tho over a more expensive civic type r or leon FR.

M135i
Jagger. Don't be worried about ringing from Leeds. He's sold to Brighton up to Scotland! Ring him today. I'll let him know you're calling dude.

Edit: My dad that is. Just realized this is a different thread to the other.

Jay has had full leather in his. It's like a quilted effect. To me it's better suited to a big comfy car, rather than a hot hatch. Can't argue with the quality though.

Yeah I've had the leather acessory pack in mine not to get confused with the lux leather. The quality of the leather is spot on, if RS did recaros in leather I might of had them, but the standard seats in leather are plenty supported enough for me.

Lee - I need comfy leather seats now as I'm getter older, but not old enough to get a big rep cruiser yet LOL