ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to buy a D60?!

Clio 182
Hi all, I am wanting to purchase a Canon D60 both for photos and a bit of creative video. The problem I have is knowing where to purchase it from. I am wanting to purchase it as cheaply as possible but at the same time don't want to shed out x amount of money and risk not receiving the camera itself!

I've read mixed reviews on places such as panamoz, some people having great experiences others not so. What companies have you guys used and can vouch for online? I understand the cheaper sites offering the grey imports etc and I know you have to look out for import duty on some too.

I normally just pay the extra for peace of mind but in this instance say panamoz for ed the D60 with a kit lens you can pick up for £635 where as jessops for example you are looking beyond £1000.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Clio 182
I am 100% set on a 60D, its predominantly for video and with the ML firmware etc it provides everything I need in my budget. Plus a friend I film with has a 550d, dad has a 600d and the Mrs as 1100d making it easier to test and borrow other peoples equipment etc. :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Sounds like a good plan then :)

I've started using the movie mode on the D90 for short clips around the bar but manuual focus can be a little annoying sometimes, other times its awesome!

Clio 182
Yeah I have been umming and arring for some time about moving to DSLR for video but having recently sold my Sony NX5 semi pro camera its been a toss up between the 60D or the considerably more expensive PMW-100. The 60D however does produce some fantastic results for the price and if I do decide I want to go back to a proper video camera the loss in depreciation should be considerably less than if I was to go the other way around!