ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to buy 16 inch Slicks ?

The RSR's on the Trophy are getting worn after two seasons, and seen as we always seem to bring a set of Rainsport's with us as well in a separate van, I am thinking about maybe using slicks on the next trackday season instead.

The car runs on 16inch diameter x 7 inch wide wheels ET45, which will have to be retained and the car is fitted with a cage.

Not sure where to get some slicks from or even what type ?

Some brand new ones would be nice...

Any got any ideas on this ??

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Maybe the rules under which he competes don't allow it. Hence him saying about his current wheels "which will have to be retained"

I'm no help on this. What size did Clio cup racers run.

Got to be 16 inch wheels because of the 197 4 pot calipers and 300mm discs (15's wont fit) :

brembo%20wheel.jpg

Just trackday use so no specific regulations apply.

I guess there's not much love for slicks on Cliosport..........Maybe I should just try 888's as a dry tyre.

172 cup, Impreza P1
I'd like to know if anyone with 197 brembos have tried fitting them under 2118's with some spacers. I fitted some AP racing CP5200 calipers under them with only 20mm spacers for 300mm discs.

There is around 10mm clearance so still loads of room.

Slicks for 16's on that width of wheel will be rare. Can't think of a racing series that uses that size of wheel. Goes from 15 to 17 usually.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
The track days I do usually require prior notification for slicks. I would imagine they don't appreciate novices on slicks due to the potential corner speed and the lack of skills when they break away.