ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where is this coming from?!

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,

I have an oil leak. The oil collects between the sump and what I think is the gearbox, with it gathering slowly and then dripping off the PMS gear selector arm underneath onto the ground.

I’ve recently had the sump gasket replaced which hadn’t solved the problem. Has anyone got any ideas about where the leak is actually coming from, is it the gearbox or the engine?

Any help would be gratefully received ??

DBB9FF72-6D82-4C5C-9387-3B13640800C9.jpeg

212C864A-F94D-423F-9A87-F2A06F4D48C4.jpeg

DFFC2ACB-CEE2-4AF9-9959-7A9B70648131.jpeg

Last edited:

Brucefil

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault sport Clio
Crank seal likely candidate. Renault have a strange way of installing the real main seal where the seal sits about 3mm proud of the block wheras on most other cars they sit flush so most mechanics will not get that one right.

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Are you sure its totally dry up top? Oil leaks can be a right pain to find as a small leak up top can travel down the various cracks and splits (say between block and gearbox) making them appear to come from much further down.

Mine is very oily at the moment, just found that my PAS pressure switch is leaking and has made a bit of a mess - wonder if you have something similar?

Brucefil

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault sport Clio
Have you done any work to your crank? Could be the end cap as well. I would also check your crank case breather as If it's not breathing properly it had a tendency to want to push oil out the back of the motor

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk