ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where is the coolant temp sensor, on a Mk1 1.2?

Elvis - Biarritz 1.2
I've been having problems for ages with my car either not starting for a couple of tries, or just dieing when I put the clutch down at lights or something. But then once it's warmed up the problems generally fixes itself, although not always.
But in the last couple of days it's now twice not started or died with awkward consequences....e.g. the police having to temporarily close a roundabout to rescue me :D so I've got to try and sort it out rather soonish.
So going by previous posts on stuff like this, I'm guessing a problem with the engine coolant temperature sensor.... but I don't actually know where it is on my engine. When I looked in Haynes the last time it didn't give any clue to where it is, so :S
It's a Mk1 Ph3 1998 1.2.... can anyone give me a hint :)
I'd rather try to fix it this way before I blow my money on a garage :(

THANK YOU!!!! :)

V70 d5 beast
i think its on one of the ends of the radiator? should have a connector pluging into it.

Elvis - Biarritz 1.2
Awesome, just got my torch out (not a euphemism :rasp: ) and went and had a look, and yeah I spy a connector thing, so that should be it :D

Cheers. :star: