ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

where/how to get to the crank shaft sensor

2004 100bhp dci
Where is the sensor according to google its front right hand side , i cant see it for ....

Anyone got a decent quality guide/pic

Clio 182
On a 1*2 it's under the air box above the gearbox. This is what it looks like new.

You'll have to replace the plug and switch with the replacement.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376431706.058328.jpg

Audi A5
I was hoping to take it off and clean it in the hope the car starts

The car will start but I find after a while the fault happens again. The best practice is to just replace the sensor and connector.

If you really don't want to replace it then bend the pins slightly to help make a better contact and spray both parts with contact cleaner.

2004 100bhp dci
Right i cant find this stupid thing is this sposed to be it?

20130814_1814450_zps8ef92b53.jpg

ive checked everywhere physically possible, its not an easy 10 min job and every guide/pic online is for laguna which is blatently not the same im seriously so fed up now

why is there no pics/guides for a clio

Theres so many stupid pipes etc in the way aswell

is this the thermo housin?

20130814_181659_zpsfe1b6b41.jpg

cause if so all thats under there is the first pic, which according to online is where my sensor should be

its not here either

20130814_181711_zps204b81f2.jpg

heres the top of my bell housing which is also sposed to be where the tdc sensor is

20130814_183052_zps9fa57755.jpg

and again its not

whats the need for all these pipes in the way i cant find this sensor anywhere :'(

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
Don't know if its the same engine it not in the Laguna. Obviously if it is I would assume you could follow that guide.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
20130814_181711_zps204b81f2.jpg

See the green clamp on the coolant pipe, under the brake vac pump, under that you will find it. Probs have to move a few things to see it covered in crap

need to upload my pic to show you but I can't yet

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
PM tonka truck on here , he has a 100 so it's probably easier to see on his than my 80

its defo under the coolant thermo housing.

Its hard to miss with a wire(s) coming off it

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
WTF where's it been moved !!

On mine , that corrugated plastic loom has another little bit come off it in that area for the TDC sensor

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
9519417654_d5bf1ca66e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

finnally managed to upload it. this was take from looking from infront of the engine, looking through all the pipes to under the thermo housing.

2004 100bhp dci
Wow that was so easy to get to from underneath the car took 20 seconds

cant believe no1 on this forum knew where it was