ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where Do You Work On Your Motor

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
as we all know some people are blessed with where they work on there cars others have to do jobs on the side of the road or maybe a pokey gravel drive way so post up pics of where you work on yours

​ill let others post up before i post mine

An orange one
Double garage, not full of shite...

A garage is for cars IMO not your entire life contents while the car sits outside

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Double garage, not full of shite...

A garage is for cars IMO not your entire life contents while the car sits outside

I do agree with you but some people aren't so fortunate to have a double garage! Even if my garage was empty I still wouldn't be able to get my Clio in and then get out of it again - let alone work on it haha

Luckily have my grandads flat drive just over the road from me, I've attempted once to jack my car up on the ever so slight slope and I decided never again!

Wish I had a double garage with a lift... One day maybe :approve:

I've got work for big jobs on ramps etc as I'm a tech at a main dealer and my own unit which would fit around 3-4 cars at a push for smaller axel stand jobs and cash work
I'm lucky, but the ramps at work spoil me as any job on a jack seems shite compared to the luxury of a ramp

Lots of Alfas
My first house (that was a small town-house) had a big garage that was always nice and warm, as it had the boiler and all the central heating pipes run thought it. I miss that garage, but not the house. My house now has a badly constructed pre fab garage at the bottom of the garden thats good for working on the car, but its very cold in winter and not exactly water tight.

image025.jpg

FF RB 182
Got a big double workshop at work, with plenty of room. Also got a friend whos boss is pretty cool with serveral ramps MOT bay, bodyshop etc who lets him use it pretty much whenever we want, did my engine conversion on my fiesta down there.

IMAG0456.jpg

522945_3768533407794_763740485_n.jpg

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
heres where i get to work on mine

14b6c744.jpg

c8445665.jpg

9e97ceea.jpg

562d7983.jpg

seems like some people have decent work spaces last time i posted a thread like this people hated me lol

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have a shed that i own on land, It has power and tools but no ramp :dapprove:

Been looking on ebay for a decent 2 poster ramp so put in it.

Can get 6 cars squeezed into it which is decent for storage

Picture004-3.gif

Mental 172 Cup
Have the choice of 7 ramps at work, depending on what I'm doing.. Failing that loads of flat working bays aswell.. It's pretty decent..

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I used to have a fully equipped garage with every tool you can think of, 5 2 post ramps and 1 4 post MOT ramp but work shut down :dapprove:

In the shed it might not be perfect but i can use it at any time when i want, Can sometimes be rather chilly if its a cold day

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Very rarely on a ramp unless I beg some space on one of Dan's over at SJM, normally on either the driveway or in a garage at the moment as I dont currently have a proper workshop as Im just not doing enough mechanical stuff at the moment to warrant the cost.

Also got a small workshop that me and my mate threw up with his dad over at their farm, but I dont tend to work on the clio there as its where the nova lives and I only have enough space there for 1 car at a time.

Luckily even at home Ive got compressor and a very good selection of tools etc, so other than a ramp I dont really feel like im missing out too much.

Mk3 Megane 250
Fortunate enough to have access to 2 massive units, one with a two post ramp and the other is a massive unit with loads of space which is waiting for a 4 post and 2 post to go in at some point!

98awxc.jpg

an0kft.jpg

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Lucky enough to have a nice wide driveway. A garage is top of the agenda for my next house.

RB 182
My criteria when we were looking for a house was garage, she could have anything else she wanted!

Clio RS200
I have a shed that i own on land, It has power and tools but no ramp :dapprove:

Been looking on ebay for a decent 2 poster ramp so put in it.

Can get 6 cars squeezed into it which is decent for storage

Picture004-3.gif

Could do with some more pics of that carcooned ERST ;)

^ My thoughts exactly.

Street for me, driveway is on a slope. Big fan of "The Unit" Ant has though. Loads of space and everything you could need under the sun.