ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where can i get my HU and Road Angel Fitted.

Hi Everyone. Im getting a new road angel for xmas. Does anyone know where i can get this fitted so i dont have any wires hanging about? If so where and how much would a job like this cost?

fit it yourself mate, just tuck the wire in between the windscreen and dash, and run it round to the cig lighter.. cant see any of my wires, took me 5 mins..

i'll get some later, but basically, the wire comes out the RA, along the dash board.. down the passenger side, under the glovebox, and in behind the centre console..

then pull the ash tray and coins bit up, so you can see into the console and pull the wire through..

Oh yeah. Ive never thought of that. i can remove the dash. ive done that befoe when changing my tweeters. I just want to keep everything tidy. How long is the wire?

Please post pictures

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Has on here is a qualified fitter, I'm sure he might be able to help if you want it hard wired in or something.

I did mine myself in the above way, ( didnt remove dash) looks quite neat, the wire just pops up behind the unit and goes to a ciggy lighter adaptor under my drivers seat.

you dont need to remove the dash, just get a blunt screwdriver and poke the wire inbetween the windscreen and dashboard..

its then easily removable aswell.. the wire is reasonably long, long enough to run it the way i do anyways

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
got any pics. where is Has based? do halfords do it?

I wouldnt bother with halfords, they'll do it, but probably at a hefty price! Has is usually between coventry and london I think.

I would take some pics, but I took it out recently and havent bothered to put it back in yet, as it went to renault for warrenty work, and I didnt trust leaving anything in the car lol

yeah he is, decent guy aswell, sure he will help you out, though seriously, i wouldnt bother paying anyone to do it, unless you want it hard wired, and still need your cig lighter..

photobucket is on go slow mode today!

comes out the RA
DSC00973.jpg

goes between the window and dash
DSC00970.jpg

beside the a pillar, can make this neater but i dont notice it
DSC00971.jpg

then it goes under the glovebox and up through the ash tray coin bit
DSC00972.jpg

hope that helps!