ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where can I get custom springs?

A grey one
Basically the title.. Anyone know decent places to get custom rear springs for a non sport.. Or got any? Thaaaanks!​

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
What do you mean by custom?

Eibach prolines & sportlines will fit a 1.2, i'm pretty sure that's what it said on the box mine came in.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Wouldn't it be cheaper to get some apex or something? I always thought custom springs were crazy expensive.

330i. E30 Touring.
Can be pretty reasonable. A pair of 106 fronts from Faulkner was about £140 when i looked a while back..

A grey one
I've got coilovers.. So I don't want eibach springs or any of that..
I need tiny rear springs.. Like custom ones.. Smaller than any springs like apex or eibach :p
Cant angle grinder my springs.. Because they're smaller at the bottom and top and then are wider in the middle so if I chopped them then they wouldn't sit right..

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
My car's euro :) just my coilies don't go low enough with 14" wheels.. :(

Ye coz any lower and you'll be on the bump stops, tried that when i took my rear adjusters out of my old s**tty Ktec coilovers, car looked great but handled like a pile of s**t due to having 0 rear suspension travel. The ditches are calling you!

A grey one
Aha, horrific ride but I really don't drive much, I'm always in my boyfriends car, I only drive mine on motorways to shows :p
I can't go faster than like 50mph on lincs back roads so I'll keep well away from ditches don't worry :)

A grey one
Hehe thanks Greeny ;)
Best go to my 2nd home of cleaned uk and ask :(

You from Lincolnshire!?
I avoid lincs meets- mostly idiots :p
but yes I'll make sure I hold you up! Haha

Phase 1 172
Most coilovers fit 2.25 or 2.5 inch spring perches so as said above, Faulkners are one option (as are Eibach Motorsport but they cost....) if the inside diameter of your current springs match those diameters. Assuming they do, you dont have to worry about the springs being a larger outer diameter in the middle but you will lose any progressive rate that the existing springs have. one other thing to consider is that you will need to have an idea of what spring rate and minimum travel that you will need as its not as easy as just replacing the existing things with any spring of the same/slightly shorter length.... Try Merlin Motorsport online for Faulkners if you know what spring rate you want (I would think somewhere in the region of 200 to 350 lb/in but that really is a totally of the top of my head guess based on Mk2 golf figures) or find their direct phone number and ring them up for recommendations on spring rate and length. One other small thing to consider is that it may be worth getting some helper springs to go with the new springs if you are going mega low or the springs are likely to unseat over bumps (when the damper fully extends) which I believe is an MOT failure and can cause some not very nice effects on the road.

Listerine & Poledo
I used to live in Boston, hated it, the only good thing was the Eastern Europeans.

It seemed to be the centre of an intellectual black hole that covered about 30 miles, the amount of people I met in the area who didn't sound like they'd only just finished primary school can be counted on my hands.

Hopefully the Liths & Poles have taken over by now, bring some civilisation.

A grey one
YES! That is exactly what I want, 90mm ccustom springs. Thank god for that :)
Haha yep, Boston is awful! I live in a field, 40 miles from boston, basically.. Getting around in this clio that scrapes on.. Pebbles, isn't an easy task! :p