ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When to change the belts and the de-phaser pulley?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
don't forget aux belt, every 36k or 5 years, whichever is sooner.

Rb Clio 182
were is the best place to buy a pulley from as doing the timing belt on mine now and need a new pully thanks

Clio 172
Not according to a friend of mine who is an RTE. But I guess if your only working on 36k intervals, based on servicing at 12k intervals I'd still say its 3 years. Anyway I changed mine and its up to the individual I guess if they choose to change it at 3 or 5 years based on the information given.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Scan-081010-0001a.jpg

Audi A5
Renault always state that its only valid at the time when it was printed if you really want to be fancy you should check the service intervals for parts via icm.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Thats belts. Dephaser is not a service item.

So When is best to have dephazer pulley replaced? Or is it included in cambelt change?

Slightly confused, is a dephazer pulley replaced after tell take signs of one going bad? Or at a certain interval

Renault Clio 197
So When is best to have dephazer pulley replaced? Or is it included in cambelt change?

Slightly confused, is a dephazer pulley replaced after tell take signs of one going bad? Or at a certain interval

Bump!

Did you ever get an answer to this as my timing belt was changed last year (only just bought the car) but I am almost certain the dephaser pulley wasn't as the receipt for the timing belt kit is only 160. Would have thought it would have been a lot more for the dephaser pulley aswell?