ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When fitting braided hoses...

Black Gold 182 ff
..why aren't these rear ones replaced?...

DSCF0358.gif

Cheers,
Kris

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
becuse theres no fittings there for them to be removed and replaced?

could just change who whole rear axle lines for braided ones, then youd be cool!

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
This got me slightly - I had to go looking for where the rear braided lines went, but I'm guessing because it's all connected to the rear beam, this hose does not need to flex as much, and thus is a stiffer, high pressure job as Fred says.

Black Gold 182 ff
Okay, thanks chaps. Will be fitting my Goodridge set today :)

Spuzzcake - arrow was created in good ole' MS Paint.

Clio.
The one arrowed is braided under the rubber covering if I remember correctly, therefore no need to replace as a braided line in a kit.

When you come to replace the lines, undo one of the bleed nipples and press the brake pedal to the floor, catching the fluid.
keep the pedal pressed down by using a lever bar or extension of some sort, and fix it in place, this will stop the reservoir and fixed lines from emptying, makes less mess and bleeding easier.
Hope this helps......
Matt@coderedmotorsports.

Last edited: