ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When do you change your tyres (1*2s)

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
How many of you run them down to their limit, Been looking at my 182s and they are about 1-2mm off the wear bars,car is tramlining over every bloody kink/bump on the road! think its time for four new PE2s

this time of year, when they're close to the limit... in the summer, i wear them right down to the limit.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
this time of year, when they're close to the limit... in the summer, i wear them right down to the limit.
I used to wear the 195/45 s on my old 02 172 right down , but the difference between the 205s on the 182 when they are slick is massive, bloody car is a nightmare on the m/way when its raining heavy

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I noticed that on mine when the tyres were getting low, the car was terrible on the motorway.

Mine were never illegal but as the got close to the bar, the car pulled all over the place.

Clio F1 R27
How many of you run them down to their limit, Been looking at my 182s and they are about 1-2mm off the wear bars,car is tramlining over every bloody kink/bump on the road! think its time for four new PE2s

Replace the fronts every six months, otherwise the car is just annoying!! lol

Do alot of miles tho and get PE2's cheap at Costco hehe

My fronts were on the limit early december and i was wheelspinning trying to set off in the wet!

Run them to them limit a lot of the time. The punto doesnt seem to feel much different, though the handlings crap anyway....

340i
My current tyres are so bad.. budget tyres, almost down to the limit!!

I cant set off in snow or rain with out spinning the fronts LOL

Got a nice set of eagle F1 GSD3's in the garage waiting to go on in a few weeks though :D

judder

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 ff, R5 GTT

I have been getting this recently too. My car has done 15K on a 05 plate. I have owned from new. Other threads suggest tracking/ball joints etc, but I am hoping it is just the cold weather coupled with the front tyres nearing the limit.

Hopefully the new tyres should sort out the problem.

BMW M135i
When they're pretty worn down and don't perform like they did or to a level i'm happy with, in the bin they go.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Depends how poor i am att he time, but won't even think about it till they hit the wear line.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
As low as I can legally go ar even past it if I'm not being very observant :eek:

Booked in for New Tyres Next week as the Tread has nearly completely disappeared on the edge of 1 Tyre

Clio Sport 182
jack the car up spin the wheel and feel the tyre if you cut your hand on the metal wire's you need new tyres !!!

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
usually untill they get close to the wear bars on all my other cars but on the clio i dont feel comfortable doing this, as said above it does't feel good in the wet/damp. Just waiting for my local tyre place to get the PE2's in stock as Michelin have a back log - got a good price though @ £97 fitted for 205/45/16v!

DMS

A thirsty 172
I find the Pirelli PZero Nero's are great in the wet and dry, but when they start getting too worn down I notice that the car starts wheel spinning a little when taking off in the wet, and understeers a lot more when cornering. I'll run on them until I notice this, then I always change the back and front wheels round, and go and get new tyres on the rear. That way I never have a set of tyres on for too long, since the fronts always wear out way before the rears.