ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When did you get your first RS and what age?

Fabia VRS
Currently have a a 1.2 clio and im 17 and lapping up driving atm, but being on here is annoying seeing all you guys/ and gals having the 2.0L machines

So just wanted to know when you got your first clio sport and what age u got it at

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I was about 23 I think. And the only reason I bought it was because I managed to pursuade my mrs to insure it. (In my name it was well over £2k to insure!)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
19 - I had always wanted one, i got a decent insurance quote, so went out and bought one the next week.

To be fair i had planned it all out, i did want one a year earlier but had no bonus as i had always shared ;) cars with my mum, so got a c2 gt as a stopgap to get a years bonus on and then swapped to the 182 this time last year, about 2 months before my 20th.

23 when I got my 197.

Just hold fire, and if you really feel the need to get something quicker then get something in the middle ground. Panda100bhp would be a good shout for a newer car, or a 106 Rallye on a lower budget.

Arctic Blue 182
Got mine at 21, insurance for the first year was a healthy £1400 with no ncb, now £1k with 1 year

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Good Lord I feel old. I'm 34 and only just got mine! I was a slow developer obviously lol

TTRS & V50
19, bored now. If only I wasn't at Uni, I would be very much upgrading.

Oh well being a driver keeps my fix in the fast car world..Hello VXR8.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Some people seem to have very nice cars very young on this forum, which is a credit to them. However, often I do wonder how some people in school/uni manage to have RS Clio's.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Some people seem to have very nice cars very young on this forum, which is a credit to them. However, often I do wonder how some people in school/uni manage to have RS Clio's.

Student loan iirc..

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Student loan/rich mummy and daddy tbh

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

What did you drive at 18/19?

I had a Xr3i. Cost me £3k to buy it and £2k a year to insure and I felt like a celebrity driving it around!!

We all put cars first at that age didn't we??

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
People with no mortgages/rent, no commitments etc...

I had a mortgage a year before I bought my 182, which was paid for outright including insurance!
Some people are just more sensible with their money and can afford a nice car young.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

I had a Xr3i. Cost me £3k to buy it and £2k a year to insure and I felt like a celebrity driving it around!!

Jamies an accountant iirc, so no lol

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

My first car was a 2.0ltr diesel vauxhall vectra that cost me £150 and £90 to fix. I didnt car about my image back then :cool: plus the insurance was cheap as fook at £500 for some reason...

Fabia VRS
well thanks to the arses of my generation who bin their cars in the first couple of days of having them insurance now is just mental

200 Cup & DC2
I had a mortgage a year before I bought my 182, which was paid for outright including insurance!
Some people are just more sensible with their money and can afford a nice car young.
I don't disagree, I had a Civic Type R @ 21, Focus ST @ 23, Impreza STI PPP @ 24. Now sold them for a house deposit and starting from scratch with a Clio 200.

I perhaps think looking back now I should have not wasted money on fast cars, numerous trackdays, several Nurburgring season tickets but... I had a hell of a time.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Good Lord I feel old. I'm 34 and only just got mine! I was a slow developer obviously lol

I'll make you feel a little better then... 34 - it's on order and i'll be 2 months from 35 when it's in my possession with the looks of it lol...

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I don't disagree, I had a Civic Type R @ 21, Focus ST @ 23, Impreza STI PPP @ 24. Now sold them for a house deposit and starting from scratch with a Clio 200.

I perhaps think looking back now I should have not wasted money on fast cars, numerous trackdays, several Nurburgring season tickets but... I had a hell of a time.

Thats what counts :cool:

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...

As they say... "You ONLY live once!"

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
When I was 19/20 I had a 1.4 RT. On my 21st birthday I got my Williams. The Williams took me 3 years of saving and working in Halfords part time to afford. I did a reasonable number of shifts and earnt about £400 a month during that time (3 years) - I was also at Uni but lived at home and consequently had little out goings. I still find it hard to understand how people can have, afford and run RS Clio's.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
When I was 19/20 I had a 1.4 RT. On my 21st birthday I got my Williams. The Williams took me 3 years of saving and working in Halfords part time to afford. I did a reasonable number of shifts and earnt about £400 a month during that time (3 years) - I was also at Uni but lived at home and consequently had little out goings. I still find it hard to understand how people can have, afford and run RS Clio's.
I don't see whats hard to understand tbh. They aren't prestige super cars, and on the grand scheme of things aren't expensive to run or maintain.