ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

when braking a light flickers on the dash

As above when i brake the fog light on the dashboard flickers ever so slightly and its annoying any ideas????

Ph2 172
You've got a short to earth. Check the cables going into the rear clusters. I had the same. I took the plug out of the socket. Took the rear light clusters out and bent the prongs of the socket so they were closer together. Put the plug back in and because the contact was now better, the problem went away.

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
You've got a short to earth. Check the cables going into the rear clusters. I had the same. I took the plug out of the socket. Took the rear light clusters out and bent the prongs of the socket so they were closer together. Put the plug back in and because the contact was now better, the problem went away.

Same here, the last pin moved a tiny bit and that was causing trouble....

Also check the earth cable itself which runs from the rear cluster downwards, it attaches to the body work in the boot and you'll find sometimes its a little loose.

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
I also have this problem, also does it when i put car into reverse, very annoying!

mines the same! had condensation in my old boot 'spoiler' so changed it to a dynamique one. still got the problem. tried everything, including the given points above. really pissin me off. the weathers s**t as well so cant get to it. embarrassin as f**k

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
changed both circuit boards today, sanded between the pins and sprayed them with some WD40. all sorted :approve: