ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheelspin !

White Van Man
Went out for a drive with my son today, accelerating hard uphill at about 70 or so, hit some water , next thing I'm bouncing off the limiter.... W.T.F !! He thought we were going in the hedge.......then again so did I ! I either need to learn how to drive (too old) or retrofit traction control (too expensive ! ) do you think I should buy an old diesel, or stick with the 172......

Audi TT 225
refer to page 2.07 of your user manual and take note of the gas pedal with the feather on it ;)

White Van Man
couldn't help it, saw a long straight bit, no traffic (thank God !) and the old red mist came over me. Having size 11 feet doesn't help either.......

Check tyre wear and tyre pressure but tbh just sounds a case of inappropriate throttle use/velocity for the road conditions, if you're an old boy you should know better ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
yup. aquaplaning.

caused when there is too much water for the tyre to disperse in a short time. the tyre then lifts off the ground and you are basically driving on a film of water, hence the wheelspin.

check your tread, also don't drive like a loon. ;)