ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheels shuddering whilst steering

clio sport 172
hiya the last couple of days when iv been drivin in the snow the wheels have been shuddering when im turnin into full lock,just on a slow speed...im only feelin it when im parkin etc...dunno if its just the snow on the tyres or something worse....any help would be appreciated

thanks
craig

clio sport 172
hope so mate....was just worried cos i cant remember it happening before and just when i felt it through my steeringwheel just got worried,not had much luck with the car recently.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Wait for the snow to go, then see if it's still doing it.

And if it is, you'll need a new engine steering control box. They're about £3000 from renault. Second hand (rare!!) they are about £2000.

clio sport 172
nice,lets hope its not that....its not affecting the driving or that its just when im turning the wheels at a slow speed

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
182's do this on full lock. Mainly as they are overtyred too wide) for the track of the car imo. 172's tend to be better on 195's as opposed to the 205's fitted to the 182's.

Clio 172 RS2
Full-lock on snow/iced roads is no grip!

I heard a strange noise also when steering, turns out to be the crushed slush frozen up in the wheelwells.

I felt an imbalance on the highway, turns out to be crushed slush frozen up on the O.Z. F1 spokes.