ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheels not on hub properly

535d / t5 caravelle
just put some williams wheels on my 172 cup, all bolts are tightened up and the wheels appear to be flat against the hub on all 4, but looking at the center of the wheels where the center caps would be, only one of the wheels seems to be flush upto the lip on the center of the alloy the other 3 have gaps of upto 5mm approx, any idea's? hope this makes sense?

i'll get a pic if it helps?

535d / t5 caravelle
right i've had another look this morning in light, and all 4 wheels are tight upto the hub, but the bit the wheels sit on does not seem to come right upto the lip on the wheels, where you would imagine it should. i'll see how it goes!

Focus ST170
All the wheels definitely straight? As in had them checked? When I had Williams alloys on my cup they sat perfectly as the bore is exactly the same.. Seems strange. Have they been painted or anything?

John

Cup In bits
I think the op has been used to thinner wheels and is expecting the hub spigot to stick out more on a different set of wheels?!?!

535d / t5 caravelle
All the wheels definitely straight? As in had them checked? When I had Williams alloys on my cup they sat perfectly as the bore is exactly the same.. Seems strange. Have they been painted or anything?

John

they have all just been balanced and drive fine, they have been painted previously, they seem to me like they should all go on another 5mm or so,then they would be right upto the lip on the alloy, but they cant as they are flat against the hub.

I think the op has been used to thinner wheels and is expecting the hub spigot to stick out more on a different set of wheels?!?!

maybe this is the case, just had oz f1's on before these, although i did have turbines on at one point and didn't notice the same thing as on the willys.