ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel width

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
This may be a stupid question but when buying alloys and the manufacturer lists the width as 7j is that the bead seat width or overall width?

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
True. Just the tyre I need to use looks overtyred on a 7" rim so need to go a little bigger to sort

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Pirelli Trofeo R. Their sizing is pretty broad but most competitors are using 7" rims. I think we can get a bit more from the tyres though with a bit more width...
Pirelli themselves say the 7" is not really ideal but no-one runs wider rims (mainly as you have to go custom)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Screenshot_20180918-193523.png

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
15" rims :D I think its 205/50r15 off the top of my head. The other 225 width one we tested but its like a van tyre and needs an 9" rim I'd say

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Its not on their common sizing guide, but you can scroll down for smaller fitments

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I was looking at ultralite F1 alloys the other day. These come in 15 X 7.5J. and 6.5kg. but they are a copy, design wise and I'm not sure how strong they are.