ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Stud Conversion - R26

M135i and the shed
A long shot i know, but does ayone know what length wheel stud i'd need for a wheel stud conversion on a Megane R26?

Was thinking i'd need an 80mm to take into account of 15mm in the hub, the disc, the wheel and then sufficient to mount a decent nut on to?

Any idea Fred or anyone else? :)

Naith has wheel studs and bolts on his "dark knight" if I remember from his TDK progress thread?!

His is a 225 though, no idea if the spacing is the same as R26? Might be worth an ask?

M135i and the shed
Yeah he has, which Fred got for him. I asked him but he can't remember the spec exactly.

Must be old age catching up with him! ;)

cheeky sod, why didnt you just text me again to go to the car and check... which i will do now. i dont want to due to your cheek but you have a pretty face so wait 2 minutes boyo.

M135i and the shed
You're a treasure. I'll repay you in soldering or polishing skills. :D

It's only cause i want my car to be accepted in to the Team Ariane Mafia............ ;)

your too nice to be in the mafia, always part of the team though my dear boy.

right they are 80mm yep, just measured. they are angled too or something. Let me send fred to the thread he'll confirm, oh and he didnt get me them, he just reconfirmed the sizes i so brilliantly guessed ;)

M135i and the shed
I didn't think you owned a ruler? Thought it was all 'rac ut eye'? :D

80mm? M14 x 1.5 aswell i presume?

I appreciate you're a busy boy so many thanks Mr Ariane. :)

Lionel Richie
not sure how he measured them seeing as their on the bench in my workshop ;)

got them in stock if you need some

M135i and the shed
Thanks Fred. So they are 80mm then? How much for a set of 20?

I know this will go against your ethos but what wheel nuts can you get in M14 x 1.5? Any nice tarty black one's? Black oxide perhaps? :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Can someone remind me again why this is a popular modification to Clios and Meganes?

Seems like a lot of hassle for no reason.

think you might've nicked the clio ones as i have a set infront of me now

no i have mine... i hope to god anyway. Regardless you are fitting them next week x

i'm having them for ease of wheel change gally, i spent abit working on the burpspeed car once and the change was infinitly easier, not much hassle to fit either.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Cool mate always wondered. I'm guessing twice as quick to line up ect compared to bolt in the holes!