ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel spun - car cuts out all dash lights on

My cars completely standard so no new parts on/off etc

i just floored it in first, got to about 5k probably, where you'd expect a bit of spin in the wet and as soon as I had wheel spin, every light on the dash came on, the computers reset all the trip/mpg etc. It wasn't the usual esp feeling not letting you add more power, it completely jolted me forward as if the engine was seizing up.

After this his the fuel light won't go off. I pulled over twice and turned the ignition off try let it sort it's self out but nothing (there's half a tank in there)

it did the wheel spin thing twice

see what it's like tomorrow, any ideas?

I can't see them being much at all from Renault if that's what it is.

Get your head under and have a look and see. You may have to remove the fabric/foam cover from the end of the 'box to see it.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Is that serious/expensive

depends how you go about it.

I had mine come loose, trailered it to Renault and was RAPED £220 for diagnosis and repair.
Once I looked at what the problem actually was, it could have been fixed for under £15 with some starter motor cable and a couple of heavy duty terminals.