ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel spacers, what to get and where from

172 Flamer, BMW E46
I'm after getting some wheel spacers for my Mk1 Clio, I was thinking about getting 20mm to give it a better stance and fill the arches a bit more...

What wheel spacers shall I get, I'm not sure the difference between Amy of them, what size, and what bolts I need

And where can I get some from... Thanks

clio 5door sport rep
im having a nightmare with spacers too... everyone favours different methods... think general concensus is that universal are s**t. get ones specific to your vehicle.... im looking on fkautomotive.com and venom motorrsports at the moment.... initially wanted 10mm fk spacers... but some folk are recommending 5mm instead....

clio 5door sport rep

i would have thought it was 30mm each spacer unless stated otherwise....... could be wrong tho.... you going for system B spacers then.... i decided to go for the 10mm system a with the longer bolts....

ill let you know how i get on... although i just called demontweeks and they are quoting me 36 quid for the 18 wheel nuts...... anyone know if this is a good price or not.... seems steep to me

172 Flamer, BMW E46
ahh yeah im going for type B as then i can get bigger spacers so my Valver wheels fill the arches more :) and seeing as my cars not too low and shocks are set too hard i wont have an issue with rubbing

++ with type B spacers i can keep my black wheel bolts and black locking wheel nuts :D

another question i had was has anyone got a 300mm steering wheel? im looking at getting one as i feel my valver one is massive and is like driving a boat!!

clio 5door sport rep
They are listed as total width per axle, so 30mm spacers will be 15mm each side.

really? does that mean i have 5mm spacers each side coming then? i ordered the 10mm spacers you see..... will i still need longer bolts for 5mm? cheers

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Im in the process of organising a spacer deal for the forum, plain spacers, hubsentric and custom ie. 4 to 5 stud. Hopfully have some more info over the next few days.

clio 5door sport rep
yeah just noticed that there on the spec page.. width per axle 10mm... oh well thats what i wanted anyway.. just means i need to spend a fortune on long wheel nuts... anyone know of somewhere cheap or is the 36 quid price i was quoted from demon tweeks reasonable? cheers

d19wood

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 T , Megane
If you're only putting 5mm spacers on each corner then you don't need to get longer ones, the standard ones will be fine. If you go wider than 10mm on each corner I would start to look for a type B fitting so you don't snap any bolts off in the hub with over tightening and/or hard cornering.

clio 5door sport rep
If you're only putting 5mm spacers on each corner then you don't need to get longer ones, the standard ones will be fine. If you go wider than 10mm on each corner I would start to look for a type B fitting so you don't snap any bolts off in the hub with over tightening and/or hard cornering.

yeah not going over 10mm..... i have ordered 10mm though(if that makes sense)... do you think those will be relatively safe with longer nuts?

"Navy" N17 TWO

This is where I get concerned about fitting them. Will hubcentric spacers and long bolts be fine? (15mm) :)

clio 5door sport rep
This is where I get concerned about fitting them. Will hubcentric spacers and long bolts be fine? (15mm) :)

its scary isnt it.... ill be scared to turn corners at this rate. from what i understand from other threads... long bolt hubcentric are good if spacer is 10mm or under. anything over that is dangerous unless its the b system type that attach to the hub....

hopefully ill be ok running 10mm longbolts and not die.... if i dont post for a while youll know why :D

Spacers that are 5mm Each side (10mm total track width) you should be okay on standard nuts.

Any more than 5mm spacers (each side) you will need longer bolts. I got mine from euro performance.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I think what Fred is getting at is using longer bolts without a hubcentric flange (in other words the wheel is supported soley by the wheel bolts)

OR I could be wrong :eek: