ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel retrim recommendation

172cup
Need to get my wheel retrimmed
I got quoted 250 and 300 pounds plus VAT here in London :(
Aaran and Mikey182 are literally disappeared,
any good place you'd recommend? not royalsteeringwheels please

cheers

220 Trophy
It might be a bit of a drive for you, was for me also but it was worthwhile - Paintituk in Billericay, Essex, they've done a fantastic job twice now on two sets of F1's. I'm really picky and haven’t been able to find any faults in either set. Was £225 Inc the centre caps being sprayed as they can’t be powder-coated.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
It might be a bit of a drive for you, was for me also but it was worthwhile - Paintituk in Billericay, Essex, they've done a fantastic job twice now on two sets of F1's. I'm really picky and haven’t been able to find any faults in either set. Was £225 Inc the centre caps being sprayed as they can’t be powder-coated.

He means Steering wheels...;)

172cup
yeah and people have said that their experiences were terrible with them. bad material and bad worksmanship.

Yes its terrible in every way, i mean can be alright if you re not picky at all!
They had to redo it twice, first time they got the order wrong and then I got this thing,
Turn around time of 2 weeks as they take orders here to send in Poland

172cup
150 seems to be a reasonable price
still the Steering wheels pic gallery isnt very exciting......Itd be great to get some feedback about them

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member
I actually had mine done by Mikey recently, he is still about if you PM him
Pic of my wheel below, asked him to keep it as oem as possible
486659_10151171708584672_211146781_n.jpg
The previous problems had by people were with wheels going missing in the post, so as long you send it via the correct postage with insurance this shouldn't be a problem

172cup
I actually had mine done by Mikey recently, he is still about if you PM him
Pic of my wheel below, asked him to keep it as oem as possible
View attachment 86114
The previous problems had by people were with wheels going missing in the post, so as long you send it via the correct postage with insurance this shouldn't be a problem
Ill give him a shout then!

mk1 leon cupra r
hi guys been reading your threads about getting wheels retrimmed , think i can help you guys out in a big way ,im the person who trimmed them for arren and then he sold them on so if you still want wheels doing just give me a shout. ive been doing wheel for years. your looking at £120 all leather (smooth) not the rough s**t ive seen trimmed on here.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
hi guys been reading your threads about getting wheels retrimmed , think i can help you guys out in a big way ,im the person who trimmed them for arren and then he sold them on so if you still want wheels doing just give me a shout. ive been doing wheel for years. your looking at £120 all leather (smooth) not the rough s**t ive seen trimmed on here.

I've got one of the wheels you did, been on the car for a year or so and is still like new, craftsmanship is second to none IMO

mk1 leon cupra r
sorry mate no pictures, but there are pics on here of my work, you could ask the person with the last thread to see if he got any pics of his wheel.

mk1 leon cupra r
just noticed you live at chester, im in crewe, so not far wouldnt need to post, i work at a car factory in crewe and done wheels for them for years .

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Snappy just the man! Got a sabelt wheel, probably the easiest type for you. How much for a retrim in all black suede/alcantara (which is what they are standard)?

im debating having it done in leather, but don't want that extra padded feel/look to it like some retrim a seen to have! There was a sabelt wheel that was done in leather and it looked all puffy and rubbish! How much for just all black leather?

cheers
chris
DetailMe

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
just noticed you live at chester, im in crewe, so not far wouldnt need to post, i work at a car factory in crewe and done wheels for them for years .
That sounds good to me. I won't be having mine done for a few months though mate, I'll be on touch.

mk1 leon cupra r
Hi Chris can do it in all black smooth leather with a 12oclock any colour and stitched in what colour you require £120 plus postage :race:

2005 RB 182
hey snappy,

been looking at this for a while now, would love an omp wheel but cant be doing with the potential hassle of the cruise control on the wheel. :S would i have to take my steering wheel off and send you it, or can you send me a done one, and i send mine back to you?

mk1 leon cupra r
Yes, sorry mate you would have to send me your wheel, once bitten twice shy as the saying goes mate , can turn the wheel around in a couple of days of recieving it .

Snappy how do you tackle the thumb grips? Is it ok if they've deteriorated a little?

Very interested.

mk1 leon cupra r
Hi mate Tanks for getting in touch , grips are no problem i take old rubber ones off and replace with leather.
Cheers Andy:race:
Snappy how do you tackle the thumb grips? Is it ok if they've deteriorated a little?

Very interested.