ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel refurb M3...gutted :(

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Airfix grey plastic isn't a good look for wheels :(

PS did you take those pics from inside a sandwich bag or something? Lol.

Certainly not!
Haha, I work in a joinery workshop so my phone has half a tree inside it so the camera is crap.

Joe, if your prepared for the trip to Long Eaton I know a chap that does PC'ing and has never let me down.

OR if you really want a solid job with cash discounts, there a mates garage in Mansfield, give him one wheel and he'll show you what he can do.

thanks for the offer dude but already got them sorted to go to my bodyshop tomorrow.

Wet spray FTW, need a close up picture to see why they are so damn dull, but its probably heavy orange peal or crap in the PC. Should be an easy colour change, good sand, get them level, optional prime (as PC is a good primer really), a perky silver base coat, lacquer

Thanks mate. Gutted doesn't cover it. The finish isn't bad in fairness, it's just the colour.

Took the wheels off again tonight ready for going to my bodyshop tomorrow. Spoke to the powdercoater and he basically said meh, it's the colour I picked etc. The finish isn't very hard though, dropped my locking wheel nut about 4 inches onto the rear lip and dented the finish!
I'm torn between colours, either go for silver as originally planned or go for anthracite. Future plans are a bit lower and spacers. Opinions?

I'm guessing you took them to some rough arse industrial powdercoater? One of these "we charge by the Inch" jobs?

He's f**ked something up in the process there, it doesn't even look like powder primer. Clearly didn't care either!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I'm guessing you took them to some rough arse industrial powdercoater? One of these "we charge by the Inch" jobs?

He's f**ked something up in the process there, it doesn't even look like powder primer. Clearly didn't care either!

Nope, they've got a very good reputation, use them for work on some items etc. Blokes just a bit of an arse to be honest. Speaking to my sprayer he said it looks as though they haven't put enough on, and it's just the primer showing through.

Need to decide on silver or anthracite pretty sharpish....opinions please!