ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel refurb, locking nuts issue!!

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
I had my wheels refurbed today and when they refitted the locking nuts the chap managed to damaged the finish of one of the alloys with the locking wheel nut.
I thought that they are renault ones as they have always been on the car but they are a tight fit.
The company are gonna sort it out but have recommended i get some different locking nuts.
Has anyone had the same prob and what nuts are you all using.

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Yeah sorry Fred sort of wore a groove into the wheel and fooked the finish

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Was thinking i may go down those lines electrical tape sounds good better than shelling out for more nuts!!
i did mention it but it to them but it seemed to fall on deaf ears. They are gonna sort it out though and gave me some cash off, means re-doin the wheel again though :dapprove:

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Powdercoat they reckon got fed up in the end dropped the car off at 8.30 was told it would be a few hours. Was sat there still at 4.30 -5 to be told they were not happy with one wheel so was told it needed re-doing so sat for another hour to then be told that the chap who re-fits the wheel had damaged the finish on one wheel. So i just wanted to get off in the end.
They were very helpful giving me a discount and more than willing to fix the problem but a bit of a pisser all the same 100 mile round trip again. Cant fault the finish on the wheels apart from that!!!

Golf GTD Mk7
Powder coating isn't that quick is it :S sounds like a crap result.

Nice tip on with the electrical tape Fred ;) wish I new that before scratching the turinis

Lionel Richie
they probably "gangstered it" and just chucked the wheel in the oven for 20min and gave it a quick dust over

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
The wheel that was damaged wasn't the one that they had to repaint before sorry if i wasn't clear. Fred Pm'd you who it was don't wanna bad mouth anyone without giving them a chance to sort it