ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel locking nut tool - urgent help needed.

Nimbus Grey 197
Hi,

Went to get tyres changed today as i am driving illegally at the moment (through no fault of my own).

basically keeping it short it transpires that i was never provided with the tool to remove the locking wheel nut. i remember from my 182 that you were given a little clear box with the tool and 4 nuts.

wihtout this the garage will charge me a lot of money and potentially damage my wheels by using a chizel.

what makes matters worse is that i bought the car from Marc Elgar in southampton which is now closed. can Renault provide me with the tools i need and how quickly can i get this?

alternatively can i buy it somewhere else and can someone give me the details - as this might be quicker than waiting for Renault?

Please help,

or does anyone in or around edinburgh that has a 197 have the tool i need so i can borrow it?

beer money in it for someone...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There are only around 10-12 different shapes on the locking tools. The chances of you finding 12 people all with different tools so that one of them is the same as yours is very slim.

You can (If you have it) take the code to Renault and they will supply you with the correct new set. (Code can sometimes be found in the service book)

Alternatively, get a draper locking wheel nut removal kit. About £20 delivered.

Nimbus Grey 197
There are only around 10-12 different shapes on the locking tools. The chances of you finding 12 people all with different tools so that one of them is the same as yours is very slim.

You can (If you have it) take the code to Renault and they will supply you with the correct new set. (Code can sometimes be found in the service book)

Alternatively, get a draper locking wheel nut removal kit. About £20 delivered.

do you know which code it is - i have the service book and lots of codes but not sure which one it is.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Open the service book, and on the inside of the front cover there should be a white sticker?

Nimbus Grey 197
yeah i have the code - just not sure how much renault will charge me and how long it will take to deliver!

Better than yours. C*nt.
Take it to Renault, they'll have all 12 and be able to work out which one it is... VW do anyway!

hardy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Mk1 Track Proj
Just either take the car down with the book or just give them your reg. Either way they can track it.
Not sure on the price but they can usually get them in in 2-3 days.