ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel key

I have never been able to find the key for my phase 1 alloys. I assume garages have a way of getting these off but has anyone got any ideas for a DIY job coz i want to change my brake pads. Will I have to buy a new key/nuts?

thin snipe nose pliers or two small screwdrivers and a pair of mole grips, stick them in and turn, what you culd do once they are off is cut a groove down the middle and then it can be opened with a flat head screwdriver, they arent the most dsirable wheels so i wouldnt worry to much about them getting nicked, but otherwise if you get a puncture your stranded

lofty

I found that too! Got a new Clio on wednessday this week, and couldnt find the hub key. Does this mean your not supposed to get one? What happens when you get a puncture?? Was going to phone the garage about it.

Thanks

P.S. What phase does that make my Clio. Its 02 registered. I couldnt find it in the manual, but i didnt look hard!

This forum needs an edit option

I couldnt find my hub key for my phase 1 alloys. I went to renault and the guy tried a laguna universal key (costs about £3 I think). It didnt fit but for a new key, which comes in a pack with 4 bolts, was £100!!!

In the end I made one out of hamering some nails into a piece of wood in the right shape. Works fine.

If yours is a new car though you should have a hub key. Check in the manual because Im not sure where it would be kept on your car. I think mine was supposed to be with the jack.

Me thinks its time to ask the dealer. I got a box with the original four nuts (so you can replace the four lock nuts) and the loch nut key, but no spanner to remove the alloys hub.
Manual says it should be in the glove box. Might have just been left off.

Oh well, phoned the dealer and said hed give me one next time im in the area. Just wanted to make sure your supposed to get one, although itd be very stupid not to give you one.