ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Headache

RSi 8v,1.816v,172cup
My dilema is this........My newly purchased 172 Cup comes with 17s!! (i know, I know)

So one of my first jobs is source wheels.....

My choices are try and get a set of half decent F1s or Turinis

Or I've been looking at 15inch Rota GT3s.....

I'm liking the price for 15 inch tires and the weight of the rota's is swinging me in their direction and they'd be spanking new. Also to have my car slightly different to the 'norm' lol

Just after opinions and some guidance I guess

Thanks

RSi 8v,1.816v,172cup
I have come across those, cheers that's what made me think. As I'll be going black polished if I get them. They don't look to in your face and ultimately I'd like to do few track days. The homework I've done rotas are a lot lighter than turinis and I'm not a huge fan of 2118s

I'm thinking cost also as I could get a set turini....£200(used) but then powder coat at I guess 40 a wheel then tyres.....that's some serious cost just trying to weigh up the options

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
I'd stick with the oem Turini wheels or the 15" oem OZ wheels off a ph1 172 if you plan on tracking for the cheaper tyres like you say.

You could get a set of each as the oz f1 wheels are always coming up on here with R888 and similar and just swap them over for track days

Also you should be able to get the wheels powder coated for half that price mate

172 cup
I went for something completely different on my cup, cades Eros stealths, as I brought some secondhand TD 1.2s and they were buggered. I like the fact they are slightly different, as at most Clio meets everyone has the same wheels.

RSi 8v,1.816v,172cup
Have you got any pictures. I might have got myself a bargain with the turinis, but tyres are that bit more expensive