ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel decision

Williams 2, 182 cup
Looking for some assistance in picking suitable 15" wheel trims. I know people are usually asking about alloy wheels but this is a sleeper I have been putting together hence the wheel trims.

I have included a pictures of the car and I now have a set of 15" steel wheels which will be fitted shortly. Let me know what you think and your suggestions please.

Photo522.jpg

172 Cup
If it was me & I was going for the full sleeper look, I wouldn't bother with wheel trims all together!

If you wanted to smarten the steelie's up, give them a coat of satin black maybe?...

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Looks pretty sleeperish as it is... Whats under the bonnet?

Steelies and two different wheel trims for the ultimate banger look imo

S3, Polo
^ Why put a 172 on steelies? To my mind, the flex of steelies would compromise a fine handling car??

Williams 2, 182 cup
Them saab trims look the nuts, too nice for the look I am after.

I am fitting the 16v steel rims which have a deep and beefy look to them which is why I want to fit trims.

I was thinking of having three trims and one missing.

The wheels in that picture are no longer on the car, they were 14" and I was struggling with traction so it now sits on r19 16v turbines.

The car is project prilliams, a clio rl prima shell with williams engine, gearbox etc.

Williams 2, 182 cup
I intend on spraying the r19 wheels in white and keep them for trackdays if I get to do any.

There is a chap on the clio16v forum selling a set of the same wheels if you are after a set.