ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel colour question on refurb

phase 1 172
i am hoping to refurb my wheels in the next couple of weeks but have a quick question

i intend on doing them graphite as shown in the picture but is this possible out of a can?

if not is the best route to prep and prime myself then send to a company?

any input would be greatly received

rich

Attachments

• 09_big.jpg
    09_big.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 57

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
  phase 1 172
cheers guys

doesnt bother me doing them myself i just dont want a solid colour i want them to stand out in the sun!

also how hard is it to do difficult areas such as the bolt holes and in corners at the end of the split spokes?

phase 1 172
thats what i thought i suppose the best prevention would be a multitude of thin layers allowing drying between

phase 1 172
exact same as the picture 16" oz f1`s! at the moment standard silver with curbing so a degree of filler mayber required

172 ph2
there not 2 bad,if you want them high gloss id be tempted to clear the corners first then the surface of the wheel to avoid getting the tricky bits to wet then a couple of nice coats all over.

phase 1 172
without sounded completeled dumb what do you mean by clear and where in the process would i do it

cheers

phase 1 172
tight o, i`l keep an eye out for your thread as i still have a few doubts over the amounts of primer, then colour then laquer/clear coat to put on

cheers for all your help though

1.8 8v RSi
tight o, i`l keep an eye out for your thread as i still have a few doubts over the amounts of primer, then colour then laquer/clear coat to put on

cheers for all your help though
sand down with 1200 wet n dry
clean with water n microfiber cloth
4 coats of primer
1200 wet n dry on 2nd n 4th primer coat
4 coats of colour
1200 (or higher)wet n dry on 1st n 3rd coat
then as many coats of laquer as u desire...4 will do nicely though
thats what i did

oh and leaver 24 hours between putting color on afetr u done primer same ith laquer to

Last edited:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
There's no need to wet n dry the colour coats . Just leave to dry for 24 hours then lacquer .

phase 1 172
so when i`m doing the awkward parks like the corners is it worth masking the rest off to prevent excess spray?

also i presume i will have to use a different primer in the centre caps?

172 ph2
no dont mask them off to prevent over spray just angle paint into the corners first,also if the wheel and centre caps are painted just use normal primer,but dont prime an area if it doesnt need it,only prime repairs

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Rich, if you get stuck...theres a place in Ketley (KN Wheels) they'll do 16" wheels for about £33 a wheel. They're just behind the Citroen garage in Ketley.

So you could do them yourself...and if things go belly up...get them to sort it out! ;)