ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel cleaning of my 182

RenaultSport Clio 182
Planning on spending the day with my 182 next weekend and give her a good going over. The car is always fairly clean but I need to pay some attention to the wheels.

Anyone used Chemical Guys Blue Rim and Wheel Cleaner ?

Just about to put an order in with Car Wash and Wax and thought I would ask for some opinions before I submit the order.

Thanks

Shed.
Its good, so i hear from everywhere. What kind of state are your wheels in ?

I use an all purpose cleaner for hefty grime but normal shampoo and a shitmit will work fine for me.

RenaultSport Clio 182
They aren't too bad, I just hate cleaning the wheels so was looking for something to make the process a little easier.

I was hoping this wouldn't be too harsh, I could spray it on work it in and rinse off.

Shed.
use a microfibre washmit, get a cheap one form halfords and use some shampoo in a spray bottle if you have one and see how you get one. if you want to make it easier still then use the CG blue wheel cleaner.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
For cleaning wheels, you are definately best with a microfibre mitt for the wheel faces. It's by far the easiest and quickest way I've found. A decent brush for the inners and round the calipers is a must. The EZ Detail brushes are very good if the wheels are in fairly good condition. The bristles are very soft but it's large size makes things easier.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The CG blue rim and wheel cleaner is very good stuff imo . I either use that or fairy power spray ;)

RenaultSport Clio 182
Cheers for the replies.

Gone for some of the Chemical Guys stuff along with a top up of all my other products, just hope it turns up for Thursday now as my car is in for service on Friday and I never send her into Renault without a good clean.

Probably makes little difference but I like to think that if the car is spotless when it goes in the guys will take care when there working on her.

Shed.
Cheers for the replies.

Gone for some of the Chemical Guys stuff along with a top up of all my other products, just hope it turns up for Thursday now as my car is in for service on Friday and I never send her into Renault without a good clean.

Probably makes little difference but I like to think that if the car is spotless when it goes in the guys will take care when there working on her.

they will give you a free car wash while its in.......

Sponge and Universal Cleaner.

Mito Sportiva 135
I've got some but not even used it as got Wheel Brightener, forgot I even bought it, found it in my treasure box a few weeks back!

Meant to be good though anyways, hence me buying it!