ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel cleaner

A number of clios
whats the best wheel cleaner around to buy ,y wheels are starting to look dirty all the time and there so hard to clean i no a few of you will be able to reccommmend some stuff

cheer shaun :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Fairy power spray , best stuff i've ever used , spray on , leave for 10 mins , powerwash off. Or the Blue Rim and Wheel Cleaner that Brand86 recommends is good stuff as well . The wheel guard is good stuff once your wheels are clean as well or top with some collinite 476 wax .

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/category_s/6.htm

Mito Sportiva 135
Fairy power spray , best stuff i've ever used , spray on , leave for 10 mins , powerwash off. Or the Blue Rim and Wheel Cleaner that Brand86 recommends is good stuff as well . The wheel guard is good stuff once your wheels are clean as well or top with some collinite 476 wax .

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/category_s/6.htm

Glad someone else has followed the WG/ 476 route... really does work wonders.

Never used the Powerwash stuff myself, but have heard a lot of positive reviews. I just find it hard trusting a brand known for cleaning dishes, but there is a multi-billion pound company behind that so I am sure their product must be ok.

Main thing is not to leave the product on for too long or they can cause permananet damage to your alloys (it is an acid after all). I probably use an acid only twice a year, the rest of the time I just use a mixture of shampoos and a cloth or sponge. If your wheels are protected the grime should just slide off.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You can dilute the fairy power spray down . I'd only use it if your alloys are in good condition though . Never had a problem using it on mine ( touch wood ) ;)

BMW F31
personally i use AG Engine & Machine Cleaner, its water based so not harmful to paint etc etc, just disperses the brake dust so quickly, plus unlike other alloy wheel cleaners that are acid based you can leave the AG on as long as you need to. give them a good clean with fresh water once its been on a little while with a sponge or whatever you use, then rinse off and let them dry :)

106 GTi
I use AG Engine and Machine Cleaner or Meguiars APC as they are both acid free - cracking out the Autoglym Acid Based Wheel Cleaner if need be.

On my own car I just use Megs Hyper Wash Shampoo and APC as needed.

Polish and seal them after cleaning and then soap and water should be all you need.

106 GTi
Autoglym Super Resin and Extra Gloss Protection

I then top them up when I get the chance with a wheel wax - such as Swissvax Autobahn or Poorboys Wheels Seal as these don't contain any cleaners like the CG Guys ones do which would remove the EGP.

Mito Sportiva 135
On my wheels I use AG SRP, Chemical Guys Wheel Guard and finally Collinite 476. I did two coats of this last time and dirt slides off with just soap and water, and look very glossy still even after a month of hard driving.

just use wonder wheels, job done and finish with wax.

once did that and left it to go shut my gate on my drive, came back, washed it off and my wheels looked dull for months, even with polishing!!

baaaaadddd stuff, non acidic is the way forwards

jamie