ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Cleaner - which one ?

BMW E34 540i
Hi

I am new to the forum as well as to the Clio as car.

I 've noticed that Clio break pads are leaving considerately more "stain" on alloys than any of the cars I had. I heard some weird stories that some people found their paint going off the wheel after using some strong wheel cleaners.

So I prefer to ask before I will go shopping (After 2 weeks I already fed up with cleaning the alloys with the brush)

Which wheel cleaner would you recommend ?

Here is the pic of the wheel ;)
wheel.jpg

Bumder With A Buffer
Bilberry IMO.

Can be had from Matt at i4detailing off here (get a discount too). Or maybe some Iron cut (ive yet to use that)

Bilberry is very good value for money.

172DD Cup
i used b&q brick and patio cleaner on one of my alloys. it looked like it had years of brake dust layered up. wonder wheels didn't touch it. tried other stuff that did even less than wonder wheels. in the end i got a litre of b&q stuff for £6 and diluted it 50/50. i made sure i kept spraying water on the rim lip, anywhere on the wheel where it might sit for too long in case it started to lose shine. dunno if i had to do this but it came up really well. click on my profile and look for threads i have started. one of them is titled stubborn brake dust or something.

edit: d'oh just seen the picture. could you not wipe that off with your finger?!? ;) prob best to stay away from b&q unless you want to dilute it 1/20 or something.

heres that link: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?528051-Seriously-Baked-On-Brake-Dust

Last edited:
Gays with unprotected wheels, the lot of you!

Warm water with shampoo and a wash mitt. Did over 1,000 miles of Welsh roads last week, got home. Pressure washer took most off, quick once over with wash mitt and brushes and they're shooiiinny.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I recommend some nitromors, there seems to be a blue finish on your wheels :S