ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel bolt snapped

BG 182
So was tightening my locking nut and boom it's snapped it's half in the hub

Finding it a nightmare trying to find a cup hub :(

It's half way in the hub Aswell so can't get grippers on it :/

What's people opinion on extracting it out ?

PH2 172
So was tightening my locking nut and boom it's snapped it's half in the hub

Finding it a nightmare trying to find a cup hub 😧

It's half way in the hub Aswell so can't get grippers on it :/

What's people opinion on extracting it out ?

As you snapped it doing it up,it should be simple to remove with an Easyout.
If you are a little unsure,put the wheel back on with 3 bolts & gingerly drive it to Mick in Long Eaton at Diamond Motors.

BG 182
I didn't at the time thought I'd save the money glad to say I've know gone down and bought a proper torque wrench you live and learn I guess

BMW 328i
As above, because you've snapped it tightening it up it now doesn't have the collar to be pulling against the threads for it to be tight. So it should come out easily with easyouts. Shouldn't need a different hub and should be pretty cheap to get it done at the garage or buy the kit yourself and do it.

BMW 328i
I am very tempted to buy the kit and give it a go I guess it can't get any worse
Unless you manage to snap the easyout too. But if you get it dead centre with a hole punch you should be fine and atleast you will have the kit if it every happens again or if you need it to help out a friend

PH2 172
Must've cranked down on that bolt!

That`s a bit harsh.It was a lock bolt & probably made of cheese.
Thinking about it,relying on 11 year old bolts that have been wizzed on and off dozens of times is a leap of faith.
I`ll put a full replacement set of 16 near the top of my list of parts to renew.

BG 182
Yeah I will be putting a new set

Where abouts would you go to for a new set ideally want gen not copy's of eBay

BG 182
Managed to get the bolt out.

In the end took the disc and calliper off and managed to get it from the other side.

Struggling to find new wheel bolts

koi

Audi S1
If you're struggling I have some kicking about and can post at weekend if you cover postage

BG 182
I have got enough but ideally not happy with them as there overstretched in my mind

I'll happily pay postage and a drink @koi

Thanks