ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Bearing

Hi just a quick question when turnin right sharp in to a parking spot my car seems like it is skipping along the road so i jacked it up and the wheel does seem to wobble a bit not a great deal if i tighten the hub nut up will it make any difference because i have a feeling the previous owner has been playin lol correct me if i am wrong shud there be split pins on them to prevent the nut comin off.

Renault
It will only make a difference if it's loose (the nut).

Doesn't have a split pin, just a big ny-locked nut (30MM).

Ian

Focus TDCi
If as the title suggests you think it's a wheel bearing, then it will probably make a low noise in a straight line, no/less noise when you corner one way and a louder noise when you turn the other way.

ValverInBits
right ok. Can we have a clear description with some punctuation.

if the ball joints are gone then the symptoms can be things like juddering under breaking (can even feel like a warped disc).
If it's really bad then the wheels will wobble a lot which will create all kinds of nasty noises and bad feelings through the steering.

If its a wheel bearing, you can generally stop the noise by taking the weight off the wheel (hard tight cornering). The noise will get higher and higher as speed increases but it's quite rare you notice anything else except a noise (unless it's really fubared, in which case the wheel may pull to one side too). Mine sounded alot like supercharger wine at higher speeds.

Have you considered wheel balancing? If a balancing weight falls off your wheel then the whole car will shake at speeds above 45ish

Is there excessive play in a track rod end?

there is no noise when driving i have jacked it up and spun the wheel it is ok it does have play when i rock the wheel from side to side so i thought it was the wheel bearing. Track rod end is fine aswell. The car drives fine no problems goin round roundabouts or any other corner just when i am turning very sharp into the drive or car parking spots it feels kie the wheel is very loose and its dragging but after reading the forum i linked it seems very common bt it just dunt seem right to me.