ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel bearing whine. Which side?

330i. E30 Touring.
Just a quick one chaos

Got a wheel bearing whine on my DCi, goes away when I turn left. Any idea which side that'll be?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Left dude. Loosen it off slightly and slowly drive round the block, it should be quieter if you want to double check (if theres no obvious play etc)

330i. E30 Touring.
Lovely. Cheers chaps.
Scrooge

You done a rear bearing on a DCi before?

Front, nice and simple, but I've never had the rear apart on a Non-sport.....

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Lovely. Cheers chaps.

Unbelievable. Something mechanical I knew and you didn't!! Made my day that has. The paduan is learning fast.

Yep, it will be left side sweetcheeks. Basically turn left and the weight goes over onto the front right of the car, meaning the rear left wheel bearing is the shot one if the noise stops. Only makes noise under load. x

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Yep did both of mine, you really need a press dude, handbrake off, hub nut off, drum off then press it out. Nice and simple tbh

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
That's what I used to do, so glad I've got my press now. Nothing like exploding a trophy bearing in the unit.