ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel bearing price at garage?

Clio 172
Hi guys

Does anyone know how much garages charge for a wheel bearing? It's for a 172.

Cheers

C1 VTR (Company Car)
It's £11 for a new rear one for my car on ebay. I'm just going to order one and have a bash myself.

Clio 172
I'm waiting for two to get back to me, another said £185! Just wondered if people had experience..

Black Sheep
I was quoted £170. That was just for new bearings pressed into the old discs.
I just bought discs and bearings for £69 and done it my self.

monaco 172
if its rear then just buy some new genuine disks as they come with new bearings pressed in and are only about 80 quid.

if its front then the bearing can be had for a tenner give or take a few quid then maybe an hour or so labour to get somebody to press the old ones out and the new ones in.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
he was refering to the front bearing mate.

I know but I was the only person who mentioned anything referring to £10 lol. Oh well :)

Edit: No I wasn't I missed that post completely. Apologies to Scrooge for jumping the gun haha, I was stressed at work.

monaco 172
I know but I was the only person who mentioned anything referring to £10 lol. Oh well :)

Edit: No I wasn't I missed that post completely. Apologies to Scrooge for jumping the gun haha, I was stressed at work.

sorry i mentioned a tenner aswel mate, seems i was a tad out but you can get quality front bearings for the 182/172 for around 30 quid a bearing.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Fronts from me are £80 per side fitted using 'F.A.G' bearing kits. Rears... Replace the discs with genuine parts as above as they're pressed in as an assembly.

Never use cheap bearings as its a false economy. I've never seen them as cheap as £10 though... I wouldn't trust that running a bike wheel.

Mick