ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel bearing down at dealers, or help from oxford/kidlington people

1.2 Clio
I'm down at oxford right now and my drivers side rear bearing is shagged. My only free day is tomorrow.
In kidlington there is a renault dealership, who i will ask tomorrow if they can replace it.
How much do I expect to get shafted for this?

Anyone know of any good local garages in kidlington who will do this?

Or anyone that can give me a hand tomorrow?
It's only a 1.2 (drums on rear), so all I need is a jack, 25mm? drive and wrench, wheel bolt bar and some patience.

I have to use the car twice daily for food right now, then go back up to the midlands on the weekend, so I don't really want to risk lasting now until the weekend, then motorway home!

But would probably risk it if the stealers want to charge me 150quid!

Anyone know the cost? Or could lend a hand, I would be greatly appreciative, money/beer/whatever less than the stealers charge would be going to you of course.

1.2 Clio
Well the answer is £134.90 or about that!

I can't be bothered to do it myself with work around toolkit as i'm not at home, so I paid it.

1.2 Clio
I know, i'd do it myself and just take it them for the pressing, but I have no tools with me, so I was stuck, no local garages here either.
Expect a call in 2 weeks time or so about a cambelt ;).