ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel and Tyre help please ..

Maz

LY 200
Looking at getting some new wheels and wondered if I will be ok putting on 205/40/17 with ET45 :S

IIRC I currently have 205/45/16 ET45 ..

Car is lowered too .. :cool:

Any help would be great thanks

Maz :D

Maz

LY 200
Re: Wheel and Tyre hepl please ..

Can't fecking type tonight .. lol meant to say help ... not hepl ..

Maz :)

ST

Maybe a slight but of rubbage on full look and over really bumpy roads when giving it some but nothing major...if in doubt get Fred round with the grinder....

Maz

LY 200

don't want the grinder .. :( lol

Can I get 17's at all that won't rub ??

Mégane RS

yeah i know it is, i parked next to her at the birmingham meet ;)

Mégane RS

Maz said:
Looking at getting some new wheels and wondered if I will be ok putting on 205/40/17 with ET45 :S

IIRC I currently have 205/45/16 ET45 ..

Car is lowered too .. :cool:

Any help would be great thanks

Maz :D

You will have to put spacers on a ET45 alloy

You can fit 17's with 205.40.17s but you may need to remove liners and take away some more metal from the bumper bracket. I'd stick with 16s though as 17s spoil the drive/handling and i'll warn you now it will make the ride harder/harsher too.

Maz

LY 200
^^ cheers Loony .. was just trying to save a few £'s lol and thought I might be able to get away with it but obviously not .. :(

16's it is then ..

Maz

LY 200
Right need more help people please ........

Just been on the phone to Tweeks .. the wheels I want are only available in 17"'s :( they said they can guarantee they won't rub on 205/40/17 ET 38 and if they do I can have my money back ..

Does this sound right to anyone that knows anything about wheels as my head is tw@tted and I don't want anymore problems .. I explained my car was lowered and they said it isn't a problem ..

Help pleasssssssssssse ...

you'll be having your money back. Either the grinder needs to come out or you have to stick with the current wheels. I had to trim the liners and attach the bracket when i had the GAZ on even with the standard wheels.

D'you believe someone who's actually had two Rs' both on coilovers and one running 17s or someone who's looking at a piece of paper that tells him they'll go on? ;)

Maz

LY 200
I know what you are saying Loony .. just thought I would ask .. he was adiment they would fit cause they have before ... on 18"s with a minor arch mod .. lol

He was offended when I said you lads said they would rub .. and thats why I ask about the money back thing ..

They only do the wheels in 17"s and 18"s ... gutted :(

Maz

Lionel Richie
TELL HIM to speak to John Harris!! John Harris will then tell him to speak to me!

ET38 will rub on a standard 182, let only a slammed one (the figures tweeks have are for the 172 i assume)

get the grinder out

you MUST use ET45 (+/- 2/3)

lol, thing is when he says lowered he probably means 30mm on springs not wound down on coilovers. Mine must have been sat a bit lower than yours is currently when i had the Gaz on there as i had to trim part of the liner and butcher the metal bracket it rubbed like f**k.

Fred2001Dynamic said:
TELL HIM to speak to John Harris!! John Harris will then tell him to speak to me!

ET38 will rub on a standard 182, let only a slammed one (the figures tweeks have are for the 172 i assume)

get the grinder out

At 1st even you needed convincing Frederick, im glad you've seen the light about offset on 182s with Cup packs ;)

Lionel Richie
Loony said:
lol, thing is when he says lowered he probably means 30mm on springs not wound down on coilovers. Mine must have been sat a bit lower than yours is currently when i had the Gaz on there as i had to trim part of the liner and butcher the metal bracket it rubbed like f**k.

but darling, you are an oaf, i am an expert ;)

Maz

LY 200
Who is John Harris ?? I was trying to tell them what I needed Fred :mad: .. like you told me :eek: .. fecking nob heads .. glad I double checked ..

Lionel Richie
Loony said:
At 1st even you needed convincing Frederick, im glad you've seen the light about offset on 182s with Cup packs ;)

uh huh, i could make them fit, shame all you homo 182 owners don't have the balls to do so!!

Lionel Richie
Maz said:
Who is John Harris ?? I was trying to tell them what I needed Fred .. like you told me .. fecking nob heads .. glad I double checked ..

John Harris knows me and yoz very well, he owns a 172 and works for tweeks

what wheels you after? i'll ring em

Fred2001Dynamic said:
uh huh, i could make them fit, shame all you homo 182 owners don't have the balls to do so!!

why cut off bits of the rear 1/4 when the right offset will save you the hassle ;)

Maz

LY 200
Pag 8 of 2006 mag team dynamics diablo 4 stud gloss black with diamond cut ring (says they only do them in 17"s :() so I was like right doesn't matter and he was like isn't there any others you like and I said no and he said 17"s would be fine ..

I told him I had 205/45/16 ET 45 on at the moment with Mitch PE's or whatever the tyres are ... and that my car was lowered he asked how low and I said low about 50mm..

He (Richard, 01978 863 052) (quote number 575 3929, Marie Neen) told me I could have 205/40/17 ET38 with Toyo T1Rs (didn't listen to me when I said I wanted the same tyre I have now) with locking wheel nuts and free fitting for £702.17

Have a word with them Fred cause this isn't fair if all they are wanting is a sale .. they don't mention the 182's in the mag so it must be 172 they are talking about ..

Thanks your a star ..

Yup sounds like they are assuming 182s are the same as the 172 which you can fit 17s in ET37 on with minimal rubbing.

Fred you just like to pose with the grinder. I bet you strut round infront of the mirror in the bedroom at home bollock naked weilding the grinder, lol. ;)

Maz

LY 200
I can feel the luv ... lol ;)

Thanks for the advice guys .. Fred I await your reply from the telephone conversation ..

Racing Blue 182
mine scrape on the 16s and my bracket has been grinded along with some arch liner cut away, and there physically no room to fit any bigger wheels on the front when turning

dont think i could get 17s on mine

lowered006.jpg

back
lowered007.jpg

font

Maz

LY 200
Cheers for that racing182 thats what I was thinking and why I asked tbh..

Fred .. any news mate ??

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Fred2001Dynamic said:

get the grinder out

Oms on his 182 has 16" Supperlegeras with 35/37 offset with sportlines spring and no rubbing even on trackdays...

205/40 17 are only a few mm in RR so i would think they would be OK. If DT say you can have your moneyback, what have you got to loose.

Maz

LY 200
Not risking it tbh .. can't be on with the hassle .. I need to sell 182 wheels to get the new ones so I can't just give it a try ..