ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel alignment

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Decided to take the plunge and go for some new coilovers I'm hearing the b14s are very popular where would be the best place to source these from ? Also after a wider stance but nothing silly so was thinking 20 mm spacers on the front but not sure about the back is that usually the same size spacer or do people go a bit less ? Any feedback with people who have a good road setup would be appreciated
B14's are a fantastic road Coilover. I really really enjoyed them.

Although I did have a PMS Rear anti Roll bar also.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah I had b14's and they were great. The rear anti roll bar I took off and actually preferred it. Wether it was the money back in the bank or it just seemed better.

Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
Decided to take the plunge and go for some new coilovers I'm hearing the b14s are very popular where would be the best place to source these from ? Also after a wider stance but nothing silly so was thinking 20 mm spacers on the front but not sure about the back is that usually the same size spacer or do people go a bit less ? Any feedback with people who have a good road setup would be appreciated
Good choice! I have the same. 20mm up front and 10mm on the rear and this is how mine sits

23315767653_3a1623d52e_b.jpg
20151220_140118 by dann2707, on Flickr

23374137965_7762208246_b.jpg
20151128_155330 by dann2707, on Flickr

23291433901_4810ceafa1_b.jpg
20151128_155100 by dann2707, on Flickr

Shop by how much care you think they'll take.

A good alignment is 10% equipment 90% attention to detail.

Kwik fit might have hunter alignment kit but probably couldn't give a monkeys. Meanwhilte lots of professional race teams still get good enough results with string (not as daft as it sounds) because they do it with a lot of care and attention.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
So I need to get it set to -1.45 degree camber and +10 toe so that's +5 toe each side ?

I'm getting some replacement front springs fitted on Friday so the car will be going for a front alignment Saturday morning.

I don't believe I'm running adjustable bolts on the front, does this mean I won't be able to run the above settings?

Thanks.