ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel alignment kit

BG182ff,explod Focus
Has anyone used this kit or something simular?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370958430326?redirect=mobile

Just thinking about buying it as me and my brother have a few cars that need alignment

The first link has the Trackace to check the tracking and toe in/out AND the Trackrite to check the camber and castor for £93.
The second is the Trackace with a cheap digital tyre gauge for £70.
Given that the Trackrite usually costs around £30 then the first link would seem the best option.
But maths was never my strong point so I suppose I could be wrong.

twingo
i own this, with camber guage. use it outside of work for track preperations, all my mates use it for their old banger bmw drift motors. does the job perfectly, damm accurate too. what you waiting for?

172 cup
Brilliant I'm ordering it now. Will give a bit of feedback once I use it for people that are considering it.

Many.
I'll start by saying I've never used one like this, But, I worry about low cars and being able to see the mirror, May require removal of the front bumper, which isn't a big deal on most Clio's, and the other thing I suggest to anybody using this kind of kit, get the turntable's for under the wheels, saves making adjustments and then rolling car backwards and forwards to get the tyres sat right, and thus able to check the measurements.

182cup & 172 racecar
2 thin bit's of ally with grease in the middle does the same job.

But yes, that is my only concern with it not reading on a low car.

172 cup
I may need to take the bumper off but hoping I might get away with it.

A bit of a silly question, but am I right to think you cannot adjust the camber even slightly without camber bolts?

172 cup
I'm running PM top mounts and gaz coilovers, will this be the same? Also anyone know the best place for camber bolts

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Camber bolts are around £20 from most places tbh, try demon tweeks and get a bit of discount? John Harris I think is the guy to speak too. In sure the gaz coilovers are adjustable, more so with the bolts. Don't quote me though as I've never used gaz.