ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats your best mpg in a 182?

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Today, in my clio 182, I managed a rather pathetic 48.9mpg. Yes thats right, practically 49 miles to the gallon!

Stuck at 50 for practically all the way back along the M1, managed to see a lot of nice cars as well. A racing blue 182, and an M5.

Was over around 80 miles that I managed it, I was so bloody pleased.

I didn't have anywhere to be so decided to take it easy and see what I could get.

Whats your best? And no I don't mean resetting the trip and lifting your foot off to get 99.9mpg. :D

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
Yeah its good to know that when your Mum drives the car she'll get a good MPG..;)

Anything 30+ is a good week for me..

133/225/CLS AMG
That is pretty good, I remember trying to get the MPG of my 172 up and by driving like a complete girl I managed 42mpg round town. That was on the way to work which was mainly stop start as well haha.

It can be done but it takes a conscious effort to get the MPG reading something like that haha, haven't managed above 32 mpg in my Megane though!!

monaco blue 172 ..
i managed 44.3 down to wimbledon ( yes i went to see the tennis ) but saw maria sharapova mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm oh and that was doing 80 mph practicaly all the way .....

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
i actually got 65mpg in my 172 last week...only for a mile then went slowly back to 39mpg

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
In my old 172 i managed 46mpg driving like an old tw*t . Averaging 24ish in my 182 at the moment , lots of town driving .

2005 Nissan Navara
if u want to save pennies why didnt u buy a fiat uno....they do 54mpg without even trying.

182 Cup
48 point something too, doing around 50mph down the M2 - with air con working. The trick is keeping a constant speed, I heard it also helps if your car's orange.

Clio 172
All you boys were driving like girls then a hybrid ripped past you. You normally would attempt to chase but you were to busy worrying about your MPGs :D

My best MPG in my 182 (ergo the lowest average) was 24. Lower is better unless you bought it to go to the shops to buy balls of wool for your gran.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
AveitAndy said:
All you boys were driving like girls then a hybrid ripped past you. You normally would attempt to chase but you were to busy worrying about your MPGs :D

Who is this chav:rasp: ...he's got a certain gallic air about him;)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I don't think i've ever even looked into what MPG I get - when the light comes on in goes the alcoholic water.

Job done

You poofs stop worrying about it!

M2 Competition
I actually noticed since my decat has been on my mpg had dropped a fair bit...

but that might be cos i use the loud pedal more often

Think the best I managed (i.e. lowest as that equals the fastest driving) is about 8mpg around market rasen in lincolnshire. Don't think I went under 4000rpm once for a full tank.

Matt

Clio 172
Worst i got on my valver was 34 miles to £10 last year. In the hybrid im happy if i get 60-70 miles to £10.

End of the day boys you MK2 lovers drive Renault Sports, if you wanted efficency buy a nice little DCI;)

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
All you lot can sod off :) I don't have to rag the tits off me car all the time. As I said I wasn't in a rush and wanted to see how well it could do. :D

Tangoed Works
Best is 43mpg constant 70-80 on motorway. Worst is 18.8 when given a constant lead right foot stop starting racing with my friend in his CTR for half hour. Quickest way to blow a tenner on juice!

mines would be 41mpg, but wasnt by choice.. got stuck behind some lorry for about 40 miles... normally it sits at 30.5 and cant really get much better!

MINI JCW
The best Ive ever average was just after i filled up, its straight from the petrol station on to a 60mph road for about 4miles to my mums house, it goes into a 30mph zone for about half a mile and by the time I had parked up at mums the trip computer read 54mpg.

Usually I average about 37mpg but i dont use the car to commute to work, its more of a weekend toy

M

mij29

got 42.7 on the m6 was flicking 70-90mph though and mines a 172.
Shouldn't be anythin in it though.

Clio 172mk2
42.somet didnt last for long but usuallt get on average 35-37mpg , but mines a 172 and i very rarly redline it

when driving to west wittering on friday i was giving her a little and avg 42mpg but its only a 1.2 i feel sorry for you guys spending so much on petrol:dapprove:... you will all have to group together and buy a petrol station lol :D