ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats wrong with your car right now??

Clio 172 ph2
Dephaser pulley, timing belt cover, top engine mount and air con! Hopefully Rentech will have it squared away by Thursday night!!! Awesome chaps!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Mine seems to have developed a metallic rattle, it sounds like an exhaust gasket to me,
as it goes away once the car/exhaust heats up.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Serviced the chocolate bar last week and found the inner CV boot was shot, so been and replaced that today. Took all the wheels off and re balanced them, the offside rear was showing as 130g out :O ! Think someone had taken the tyre off and replaced it about 45 degrees out of where it came off and never bothered to rebalance it! Drives much better now.

182 Cup
exhaust blowing. we obviously did a crap job sealing it when we put it on. bah.

also not sure whether the track rod ends are knackered as had the tracking adjusted and not sure if ita gone out again with normal driving (no big bumps) don't really want to pay £20 to have it checked if theres nothing wrong :/

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
exhaust manifold to head blowing, or could be turbo to downpipe, not sure which

needs brake overhaul including new front pads, new fluid and rear brakes completely stripping and refurbishing, also probably needs a new rear brake bias valve

needs more boost too, not strictly a problem, but I feel the need for more power! lol!

clio172 sport cup
the warning light came on( its rectangle with zig zags in the middle) it wouldnt let me rev the engine over 3000rpm???????

Last edited:

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Car produces a small squeaking sound when accelerating, braking or going over speed bumps. So annoying!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
hehe, sorry, its was an immature and totally misguided comment, but i'm weak and can't resist a pointless troll :eek:

bg 182 ff
i need new exhaust mounts AGAIN (changed the centre exhaust mounts 4 times in 3 weeks :mad:)
need new tyre,
new wiper blades,
new pads,
oh and its due a service in the next 5k miles with belts and pumps due

probs be cheaper to buy a new car ha

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
No offence taken, with three french cars you had to do something to try and make yourself feel better about this thread ;)

touché sir, a fine riposte ;) although i'm down to 2 now, the Williams left me ages back, just yet to update!

for my sins it may be accelerating up to 4 soon however....... I think I should seek some counselling :)

Clio 182 FF
Since I folded down the seats a couple of weeks ago, I've got a rattle when going over bumps. It's from the rear somewhere, and I think is on the drivers side. Starting to annoy me now :(.

S3, Polo
Nothing wrong with the car (it's a VAG), however, last week a female mong dented the front n/s wing while trying to park.

Bolt-on wing from a breaker's - £40. 20 minutes later - like new again!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Nothing now. So in my wisdom after sorting it, I'm selling it. Maybe there's something wrong with my brain.

e36 323i
a new centre section so i can put my back box back on. waiting for payday tho as always. getting a headache at the min from the noise :banghead:

Epic hole in the centre pipe :( got a replacement on order.

Exhausthole2.jpg

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Sporadic ABS light.

Polycarb rear windows falling out due to being supplied with standard silicone last week rather than proper bonding agent.

182+1.5DCI+S2000
Just had my new engine put in all good aprat from i have a tapping/clicking noise when i accelerate cant pin point where the sound comes from. Only happens when you drive along, starts at 2krpm tho it disappears if you hover at 2k for abit.

Martyn-172 - yeah you're telling me! ha and devfuse...yeah just a tad! Can't wait for my replacement to turn up! Hopefully on Monday!

flemer 172
Timing belt
16 valves
Head gasket set
Aux belt
O/s driveshaft
3 tyres
Front strut tops
Track rod ends
Bottom arms
Dog and bone mount
Exhaust hangers.

So overall the clio is in pretty good shape. The garage won't releived me of to much money haha.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
MOT in December will need an Exhaust for the limo-beast. So it'll get a JP Exhaust for that me thinks lol.

Few very minor body issues - could do with a front bumper respray, side skirts redoing and a small drivers door crease solving.

Other than that - sod all!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
So where do I start...

My exhaust is stupidly loud.
I have no way of washing the windows/headlights.
ESP/ABS/SERV lights come on randomly.
The brakes squeal at low speeds.
The front right TRE is f**ked.
My tyres squeal when taking a corner with any kind of reasonable speed.
My white wheels have engrained brake dust.
My car seems slow and can barely pull away from 1.6l "warm hatches".

So only a small list of issues, but at least it has stopped drinking water.