ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's the worst car you have owned and why?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't think i've had any bad cars. I'm very very careful in what I buy.

My Trophy was a bit of a shock, truly felt like I had gone back in time.

An ex did have a mk2? Micra, bubble shape. To be fair even that wasn't that bad. Did what it was built for.

An ex almost bought a newer Tigra, now that was a truly awful car!

Impreza RB5 #054
This : Sorry if anyone has owned/ owns it now... but it was a pile of rusty, unreliable, dangerous rubbish! Bought in a rush and thought it would be "fun" to drive - the only good thing was the steering - very nicely weighted and direct... shame the brakes felt like the pads were made of icecream!

Blackberry9780280_zpsac2be3cf.jpg

My old man had for a week when they were new, clutch release bearing went with under 200 miles on the clock.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Lotus Elise S1.
to be fair it was always going to be rubbish as a daily doing 70miles per day on track suspension.

leaked like it had no roof, freezing in winter, unbearably hot in the summer, k-series head gaskets woes, un forgiving suspension for British roads (my fault) blah blah.

on the track-brilliant!

Clio 1.2 dynamique
Seriously? It must have been badly broken!

Okay the brakes are shockingly dangerous but the steering handling and gearbox are a cracking combo. This one (works pool car) has eibachs and a wider rear axle. Stupid amounts of fun....

eby3e3ur.jpg

Brakes are new which help

I wouldn't want to own it daily right enough.

It was a bit broken. usual rust on the petrol cap, lower door edges and chasis - My own fault for buying it though as I didn't get it inspected like every other car I buy. Drove it through a very small full road width puddle a few days after getting it - which ruined it for a few weeks!

It was terrifying on the motorway - we took it to Belgium/ Amsterdam on a family holiday (just us two in it) we arrived feeling absolutely exhausted cos of the ride and constant stress when hitting a motorway bump and finding it would bounce off all over the road.

Im sure a well looked after one is great fun for a weekend car or something like that - Just the thought of putting kids in the back (I'm a teacher who drives to sporting events regularly) was scary!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Mk1 Corsa. Good god those cars have zero redeeming features. If anyone can name 3 good things, i'll award you 10 man points.

I had a 1.0 12v as a runner for work and it was so so s**t. Uncomfy, heavy steering, s**t driving position, dreadful chairs, an absolutely ridiculous steering wheel, crap handbrake... My god I hated it.

I then never learnt from that mistake and bought a 1.6 GSI and apart from being a bit faster than the aforementioned turd, it was just as s**t.

Hateful hateful cars.

Volvo S60 T5
Renault Espace 2.2 dci, what a pile of s**t that was!!
running fauls, expensive parts the list goes on , worst car ever imo

Westfield, 182, 200
Mini traveller (estate to the uninitiated), Austin allegro, Austin princess, all were just crap.
Last car I hated was an '09 civic 1.4 type s, sold it within a month , it was sooooooo slow and handled like a jelly. Had a 182 before it and a 200 cup after it!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
R56 by a long, long, long way. What a broken piece of sh*te that was. (Good cars when they work, which is never)

13993321408_5f53ec0529_z.jpg
R56 019 by R32Rob, on Flickr

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Lol. Thats 2 heaps of sh1te that you could have avoided with correct forum research ;)

To be fair I researched the Mini quite abit, as more or less all the history was on MT. It just broke, constantly. Luckily it was all under warranty, and apart from the hassle (17 trips to BMW in 6 months) it didn't cost me anything.

I guess my first car, a Mk2 Fiesta Ghia, that would never start when it rained & used to backfire like Del Boys van till it was warmed up.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
P reg polo 1.4 5dr. More rust than metal, stalled when u dipped the clutch and also liked to not start when it felt like it, usually in front of neighbours, busy car parks, petrol stations, work car park. Bought for 900 sold for 450 was a time I'd like to forget

172, Tiguan
Probably the Fiat Coupe I had. On it's day it was brilliant, but I can only remember one such day in the 6 months I had it.

Rad went, gearbox went, many electrical issues etc etc. Cost me a fortune and 17mpg didn't help.

On a sunny day though cruising about it was great.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Corsa C 1.8 SRi

Was big on my Corsa's back then and the 1.8 SRi was the holy grail. 123bhp of disappointment.

Worse electric steering than a EP3, I kid you not.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
R56 by a long, long, long way. What a broken piece of sh*te that was. (Good cars when they work, which is never)

13993321408_5f53ec0529_z.jpg
R56 019 by R32Rob, on Flickr

You had the same as us then. This was easily the worst car my family has ever owned, always having to go to the dealer to get sorted. Was really disappointed with the build quality and finish considering it was a BMW. Never could fathom out those window switches!

My worst car, first 182, needed lots of work before I knew how Clio's worked

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
Apparently the linked suspension replacement on those is enough to bring a tear to the eye...

DC2 Black Type Rx
a8ede70e.jpg

Lasted about a week. Loved my ATR but just couldn't get on with this.

Could not agree with you more sir! I had one for 1 month before selling it and had a dc2 Type R before hand. I then got a black type RX dc2 to replace that sh1tty breadvan! Aviod!