ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats *the* phone to have right now?

Not a 320d
Ive got about 5 months on my contract left. I have a BB 9700 Bold and I dont like it (to put it bluntly).

£200 to pay off (I think), can get £110 from Mazuma Mobile for this crock of s**t, so £90 to shell out to get me away from this phone.

But replace it with what? Defo dont want a 24 month contract. Got to be 18.

HTC Desire HD?

In before iPhone 4. Do not want.

Clio Mk2 Ph2
Right now, I'd go for the HTC Desire HD or the Sony Ericsson Play.
And I'm with you on the iPhone 4, hate the damn things.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Iirc anyone who doesn't say iPhone is wrong.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Motorola Atrix 4G is a nice phone. Nearly the same resolution screen as iPhone4, the power button is also a fingerprint biometric scanner (swipe YOUR finger to unlock), dual core 1.2ghz processor (or something silly like that) with an nVidia graphics chip running Android. It's also got a HDMI out which you can plug into a screen and then boot up a copy of Linux from the phone!! (FFS what is the world coming to).

I'm a big fan of Android (a bigger fan of Apple though) and I've always found their OS on phones aren't snappy, and can sometimes feel laggy as if the phone isn't fast enough or the UI could just do with smoothing out, this is the first time I've played with Android and gone WOW. It's a f**king quick phone. Sold?

If I was mental and wanted to spend £300+ on a phone right now that's probably what I'd go for. But I'm told next month HTC are releasing the Sensation and Samsung are doing the Galaxy S2, both of which are meant to be super phones too.

However much im not a apple fanboy, its the iphone 4 for me, upgrade is in a week and i want rid of the blackberry, nothing wrong with it at all for me... id have one again for some reason, but iphone 4 is the way to go it seems..

Many on here are apple fans so its mainly what you shall hear.

Not a 320d
Id buy a porsche and avoid a ferarri at all costs. Not that I oculd afford one.

HTC Desire HD it is. Goin to Phones4u (Wish me luck) first as theyre doing a deal with O2 for £37 a month. 3000 texts/300 mins/free phone. Some gay cashback tihng too.

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
I had an iphone 4 for best part of 8 months and did genuinely love it, it's an epic piece of kit if you can put up with less than a days battery life, which was the only downside.

However the iphone 4 went missing on a very drunk night out, so I was left with the insurance money and what to buy next. I went for the BB 9780, it's a couple of hundred cheaper than the iphone (pocketed the difference :)) and so far I think it blows it away with what I need from a phone.

I have a Desire S and love it! Misses has an iphone 4 and loves that also. Use them, look at them, choose which one you like, not what a bunch of planks on CS think ;)

Desire S! Desire HD! Iphone4! Galaxy S2... etc etc!!!

Would you like us to dress you whilst we are at it?! ;)

1.5 Clio Dynamique
nokia 5230

got it last weekend and from what i can see it does everything a iphone can do and at about a quarter of the price

Bumder With A Buffer
Im in a similar boat. Due an upgrade finally but do not want an iphone 4. Will be keeping my current iphone and using it sim free..or just as an ipod (its a nuaghty one anyway)

Listerine & Poledo
if you dont get an iPhone then you get booted off of the forum for not being a sheep.

Remember the golden CS rules

Turini's
silvervisions
Fabia splitter
iPhone

Listerine & Poledo
nokia 5230

got it last weekend and from what i can see it does everything a iphone can do and at about a quarter of the price

It can certainly call people, send e-mail SMS and MMS just as well as an iPhone.

You can't fill it up with quite so many time-wastng programmes though

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I still can't get my head around how simple the iPhone is.

It's a genius concept.