ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the next 197 special edition going to be...

GW Clio 200
Or is there going to be one...

Do you think Renault will do what they have done succesively for the last few years and come out with another iteration..

In my opinion I think they will, but they will wait for around six months before they do, got to get the cups out the door... what do you think, will there be a 197 Trophy!!???

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
197 Pikey Edition, will come without doors, 6th gear will be missing, it'll be on bricks or optional steelies, and it'll only be in periwinkle blue

Plus it'll have a nifty towbar, and room in the back for yer maa and a dag

Clio 197
Probably another model that they will say will be better but it wont, just like the cup is meant to be a lightweight version but its not quicker...

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
197 Pikey Edition, will come without doors, 6th gear will be missing, it'll be on bricks or optional steelies, and it'll only be in periwinkle blue

Plus it'll have a nifty towbar, and room in the back for yer maa and a dag

So that would go:

Waannaa wann naaaine sevan. Widdout da daaas....widdout sidth geear...bracks ah steeeleees....in periwinkle bluuue.

Wid a toebaaaah...and room in daa back fah me maaaa and da daags.

Last edited:
  Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Well i reckon they'll keep it under wraps until just before the Mk4 comes out....a limited edition 197 Trophy.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
197 FF cup trophy edition cup spoiler'd FF R568 with tassles.

You could Employ a monkey at Renaults marketing department and no c*nt would know the difference.

106 GTi
Bet it still stops for tea or in bad light though, he needs sort out the niggles on the Phase 2 Conversions before he pisses about with the 197.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Bet it still stops for tea or in bad light though, he needs sort out the niggles on the Phase 2 Conversions before he pisses about with the 197.

Quite right. They were prone to getting run out, and were always getting caught off leg stump.
Was definitely a fabrication issue.

106 GTi
AJRMOTORSPORT tweaked 197.

Ummmmmm :nono:

Quite right. They were prone to getting run out, and were always getting caught off leg stump.
Was definitely a fabrication issue.

Bad Captainship if you ask me. Always getting wacked around the park by other tuners.

When he sorts a version that can hit Six Sixes an over we will have a winner.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
All those other tuners have had too good an innings if you ask me....GGR's time is now.

I wonder if he will go ahead with that mid-engined jobby....could be prone to the leg spin mind you.

Could the next limited Edition be the 'Alonso' ? It's a sure fire winner, then f***s off for a year, gets trounced by the young pup in the stable and then does an about turn and is returned to Renault as faulty goods. Problem is it just sits in a garage and sulks.

Black Gold with cup packs
I actually hope renault win the season next year, another limited edition renault would be nice.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
it would be nice to see the dci 150 lump in the RS clio. Would probably dilute the Meggy RS sales, but there is a strong market for such a car.

would be lush to see the dci 175 lump in the clio RS as well. Though defo spoil the megane party!!

Considering the best diesel for a clio is the 106 lump in 1.5 guise, its time to get a performance version launched.

it would be nice to see the dci 150 lump in the RS clio. Would probably dilute the Meggy RS sales, but there is a strong market for such a car.

would be lush to see the dci 175 lump in the clio RS as well. Though defo spoil the megane party!!

Considering the best diesel for a clio is the 106 lump in 1.5 guise, its time to get a performance version launched.

Agreed.