ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the newest 182 i could buy

Blue Clio 182
Hello, I am thinking of buying a 182 in the near future, originally i wanted to buy a brand new one in 2008 that was before i knew they were changing the shape, I was wondering whats the newest i could buy!! is it 55?

Chocolate Bar™
I personally havent seen one newer than 55, might be able to pick up an 06 though

Blue Clio 182
I personally havent seen one newer than 55, might be able to pick up an 06 though

Yeah ive just looked at the number 500 trophy thread and that's an 06, i might ring renault and ask if they made many 06 182's I hope so coz my car is a 55 plate and didnt wanna go older, i know it'll be a better car but still wanted to go newer! why did they have to bloody change it! :dapprove:

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
i think 55 was the last of the 182s and that trophy is the only 06 plate 182 i think.

MINI JCW
I wouldnt worry about getting an older car, just get the 182 that seems the best when you take everyhting into considertation such as price, mileage, reg, condition, colour etc

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
There's 6 '06 trophys to my knowledge - a few owners didn't reg them until the new reg came out. I bet there's a couple of FF 182's to be had... its on registration date not mft date that the reg is set!

I remember when i bought my trophy the dealer had a couple of spanking new 182's unregistered, chances are at least one of them made it to March without being bought!

Also, it wont make much difference in resale value if it's a 55 or 06 plate. Although the warrenty will last a little longer, but your purchase price will counter this - it's all swings and roundabouts.

Clio 182
Ive seen a 06 silver 182 driving around. This was just last week. I didnt think you could get them, thought you could only get 06 trophy's.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
you may even get 56 182's depending on if there are any still in the dealer network brand new....

ST
I have a late 05 55 plate FF 182 which was the last of the 182's tho as said above there maybe some 06 Trophy's about...

LY V6 with Recaros
Didn't someone post up pics of their '06 reg artic blue 182 the other day? I think there are some about, but probably really rare!

133/225/CLS AMG
Best thing to do mate is just buy the lowest mileage 182 you can find.

Its the mileage which wears the car out so an 04 plate with 5000 miles would be effectively 'newer' than a 55 plate with 20,000 miles on it. IMO :D

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
Best thing to do mate is just buy the lowest mileage 182 you can find.

Its the mileage which wears the car out so an 04 plate with 5000 miles would be effectively 'newer' than a 55 plate with 20,000 miles on it. IMO :D

in essence i agree but that's not the whole story. I'd rather buy a 20,000 miler that's all been motorways than a 5,000 miler that had only been tracked.

The advice to buy a low milage one is sound though as it's as general a marker to go on as you can get without looking into service sechedules, engine condition etc etc...

133/225/CLS AMG
Cue - you got a point there!! Gotta take a guess at the kind of use and abuse the car may have had.

If you can see that a car has been looked after and cared for, its likely to be a better buy than a car which has been ragged and is a bit battered, whether its lower mileage or not.

Try and find a balance of both.

My missus was looking for a 182 earlier this year, managed to find one with only 6500 miles on it. Completely mint as well so all in all it was ideal.

Blue Clio 182
Thanks guys, i think it's gunna be a 55 plate, It took me 6months to get my current car in the colour i wanted so i dont wanna go on the hunt for a another rare car for the sake of 6months!!

When the time comes i'll be in a position to shop about to find the one i want, oooooooh i cant wait i want it NOW!!

A Fcukin Car
Thanks guys, i think it's gunna be a 55 plate, It took me 6months to get my current car in the colour i wanted so i dont wanna go on the hunt for a another rare car for the sake of 6months!!

When the time comes i'll be in a position to shop about to find the one i want, oooooooh i cant wait i want it NOW!!

Be sad to see Billy go, he has taken us on some adventures :)

And seen some action ;)

Blue Clio 182

Be sad to see Billy go, he has taken us on some adventures :)

And seen some action ;)

Hopefully he is staying in the family, my sister might buy him or my dad might buy him for my mum, I think i will really cry when i hand him over, he's my best friend!!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
There might be the odd 06 knocking about , there was only a handful of unregistered 182 's left in the UK when i bought mine in February .Mines 3 weeks off being an 06 , i could have stuck in the garage for 3 weeks then registered it but couldn't be without a car for 3 weeks .

Blue Clio 182
There might be the odd 06 knocking about , there was only a handful of unregistered 182 's left in the UK when i bought mine in February .Mines 3 weeks off being an 06 , i could have stuck in the garage for 3 weeks then registered it but couldn't be without a car for 3 weeks .

Hello Mr Billy we have simular names!!

My eyes are peeled for 06 plates, i'm not in any rush of getting a 182 so i might come across one!!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

Hello Mr Billy we have simular names!!

My eyes are peeled for 06 plates, i'm not in any rush of getting a 182 so i might come across one!!

Yeah weird eh , cos my real names Andy , lol .

Good luck with your search mate :)

106 GTi
As others have said I would not get to hung up about finding the newest plate you can, better of looking for the best condition/mileage one you can IMO. I looked at an '06 Golf GTi last weekend, and my '05 182 was in much better condition.

www.renparts.co.uk
Busted - Quiet at the back please!

your car is in better condition than many showroom models... mainly because before they take them into the showroom some chav who cleans the cars rubs it down with a semi damp cloth...

Focus RS
43.gif

Nope u dont see many, especially not that dirty lol