ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats the extra plugs for.....

BMW E91 Tourer
well whilst putting the parrot blue tooth in today removed the cover where the dash dim switch is to find another 2 plugs taped up and not in use. only the dim switch on the plate.

Question is what else should be there...

Possibly the headlight level switch, but what else. car is a Clio 172 Phase 2 with xenons.

2 plugs not being used... new plate with switches required.... then see if they work when plugged in....

Nothing is "supposed" to be there if it's an early (manufactured 2001) 172.

The connectors are for ESP (introduced very late 2001) and Cruise Control/Speed Limiter (introduced 2004).

IIRC the connectors are already there in early cars even though they don't have the above features. Not sure if it's as simple as buying a late 172/182 panel with the switches & a CC steering wheel or whether further changes (loom, ECU update etc) are needed to make ESP & CC work.

BMW E91 Tourer
would it be a simple matter of looking at the options on a reader, to see if its in the ecu for the cc. get bits as in the thread for cc fitment.
i know some people have done it without it working. or just leave as is.

It just looks a little lonely there on its own.

it's possibly for the headlight leveller, you have xenons, so they'd auto-level.
Behind my panel in my ph1 (late 01 Ph1 non sport), i have the plug for the dimmer, but no dimmer wheel.. Makes me want to get a panel with headlight and dimmer on it.