ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the easiest way to change the headlight bulbs? 172 cup

It might sound like a silly question but from what I can see, unless you have little baby hands, theres no way you'll be changing all of the bulbs in both headlamps without removing them. The car in question is a 53' 172 cup with a/c. The a/c pipes seem to run behind the drivers headlight so it looks a bit tricky to gain access to all of the bulbs in situe.

Which leads me onto my next question, im going to remove the headlights i think, but how do i remove the front grill? The upper part has 2 plastic screws which is fine but the lower part (covering the headlight bolts i assume) is secured in some way....

Any assistance?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Deffo doesn't need the lights removing mate, just very fiddly, i use a pair of long nosed pliers to get the fiddly bulbs out.

RS172
Take the front bumper of its a ten minute job and makes life so much easier!!

There is a guide on here of how to do it.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Bumper off to change dipped beam bulbs on a CUP? Mentalists unless you've got hands like shovels!

As above, reach in and remove the caps, disconnect the wiring then unclip the bulb (Making note of its orientation so not to fit the new bulb upside down).

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It'll be a Cup-packed FF or an FF with Cup badges but even still, no need to take the light out to do the bulbs.

172 Cup
I can confirm that even if the air con pipes are in the way, patience and small hands are all that is required. And tolerating some minor injuries - but that's business as usual for me when I attempt anything DIY related! Thanks for the advice.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I've swapped the bulbs out on my 172 cup with A/C a few times.

It's difficult and you will end up with grazed hands but its doable.