ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats the down side to keeping a car stood outside?

172 cup
sorry for the random question.

can anyone shed any light on my problems, I've got a clio 172 cup that I cant afford to fix or afford to run due to having another baby, its been kept on the road now for about 9 months ( its taxed and mot'ed) I drive it up the road every now and then but do I need to worry about things rusting and seizing up? is there anything I can do to hep it ? I cant see it moving any time soon and I hate the fact I cant store it somewhere,
any tips would be great !

thanks

mark

PH2 172
sorry for the random question.

can anyone shed any light on my problems, I've got a clio 172 cup that I cant afford to fix or afford to run due to having another baby, its been kept on the road now for about 9 months ( its taxed and mot'ed) I drive it up the road every now and then but do I need to worry about things rusting and seizing up? is there anything I can do to hep it ? I cant see it moving any time soon and I hate the fact I cant store it somewhere,
any tips would be great !

thanks

mark
Contraception would be the way forward.
Perhaps you can find some tips here.
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/contraception-guide/pages/contraception.aspx

172 cup
if I'm totally honest getting rid of the car would be easier for me , but its worth nothing as it stands, main bits need doing are the belts ( done 25k and are coming up to 5 years old) and has a power steering fluid leek, ive got the part just not the money to repair it , ( the pipe from under the alternator that leads around the gear box so I believe) the car a bit of a dog but think id regret selling it , cost wise in £40 a month to insure and £24 tax a month to tax,

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Sell! It's not worth keeping car that needs so much work on the road and not use it. Cars need moving. It will get progressively worse. Sell now. Use money for the baby. Buy another later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

172 Turbo
cost wise in £40 a month to insure and £24 tax a month to tax,

So, could you spend the £700 a year on something more important? If the answer is yes, sack off the Clio

Consider, in the 9 months it's sat broken, you could've saved 50% of the cost of buying another.

172 cup
Still got it not done much with it lately , took it for a spin the other day felt good:)
IMG_20170326_133217.jpg

PH2 172
has a power steering fluid leak, I`ve got the part just not the money to repair it , ( the pipe from under the alternator that leads around the gear box so I believe ).

Where`s it leaking from?
If it`s the metal high pressure pipe at the back of the pump, with the idle switch, the O rings can be replaced.
A very simple job, but use a flare spanner, not an open ender.

M2 Competition
I'm confused.

It has a minor repair needing doing and needs the belts done. How is it not worth anything? You could sell as is with the faults easily (every car I've viewed has something wrong), or spend the money you're spending insuring it to get it sorted. And then sell it.

But definitely don't keep, as over winter the tyres/ rubber bits etc will crack, and the brakes will rust. And it's costing and losing you money for nothing in return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

172 cup
@STEVE.M The fluid is leeking from the / a nut that's under the altanator so I beleave, I can see it when I kneel down and look tru the lower grill, have u got a link to the o ring on ebay? Cheers

From experience, cars only ever get worse when left, unless you're paying top dollar for storage that includes regular attention of it or are intending to restore it at some point (which costs ££££).

It makes me sad that I can't afford to fix what I have, especially when cars get older and rarer, but they are a drain on funds unless you have them SORNed and uninsured in a garage attached to your house.