ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats the differences?

200bhp itb'd iceberg
hi all after gettin an insurance quote on a 182 and beeing able to afford it im looking at upgrading to one just want to know some differences between the 182 sport and cup models im sure there was a thread on here explaing different models but cant seem to find it can some one point me in the right direction please :D

thanks
jono

ITB'd MK1
there's loads of info, but basically a cup packed 182 is fully spec'd, a 182 cup just has crap seats and bad headlights, and a few other weight savings (not as much as a 172 cup)

53 Clio's & counting
the 'best' option would be a 'normal' 182 with the cup packs, which means you get the xenons's, leather, CC, and the better suspension and bigger spoiler

200bhp itb'd iceberg
ok thanks! im thinking of buying a 182 then plans would be coilovers maybe turini's and a yozza system would you still advise buying the 182 ff?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Only probs with the cup packed 182s is the coilover options are crap unless your buying expensive ones.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Get a low miles 172 cup and keep the change for subtle mods, better performance and bang for your buck imo.

Golf GTD Mk7
either a full fat (ie 182 with cup packs) or a trophy mate. The cup is only 20KG lighter than the normal 182, so not much point really imo obviously.

200bhp itb'd iceberg
yeh? i was thinking the option tbh is there such thing as a 172 ff? im currently driving a 1.2 with 172 conversion engine, interior and dash but would prefer to get rid or use as track car and buy a genuine renault sport

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
How come? seems abit backwards as it will just end up costing you more and not really gaining any performance? Theres no 172FF, just a 172 and a 172 Cup.

200bhp itb'd iceberg
i no what you mean but its not that much difference in insurance prices tbh had a look and i can insure a 182 for £1300 im currently paying £800 on mine and i really want a rb 182 just love the ph2's.
if i kept mine i would need to throw money at it to get it how i want it anyway needs a full re-spray as the paint works absolutly shite on it and various little bits heres the link if you care to take a look :)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=440081

How come? seems abit backwards as it will just end up costing you more and not really gaining any performance? Theres no 172FF, just a 172 and a 172 Cup.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
there's loads of info, but basically a cup packed 182 is fully spec'd, a 182 cup just has crap seats and bad headlights, and a few other weight savings (not as much as a 172 cup)

The seats are not crap and the lights are def not s**t, don't know where ya got that from.